Spliff Busters-disproving Misconceptions

• Thread starter MrRojos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRojos

MrRojos

Hello growers.
Never quite sure where a idea will lead but what Im hoping for with this thread is that some of growings "myths" can be proven right or busted by some of our really experienced growers.
On the ground experience sometimes provides the opportunity to realize that "common" practiced techniques are sometimes flawed in ways and or are totally ligit.
The farm has some incredible growers with literally thousands of years of combined grow experience!
What have you experienced first hand that you realised was totally bogus but yet commonly practiced?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Hello growers.
Never quite sure where a idea will lead but what Im hoping for with this thread is that some of growings "myths" can be proven right or busted by some of our really experienced growers.
On the ground experience sometimes provides the opportunity to realize that "common" practiced techniques are sometimes flawed in ways and or are totally ligit.
The farm has some incredible growers with literally thousands of years of combined grow experience!
What have you experienced first hand that you realised was totally bogus but yet commonly practiced?
I think this is a great idea man. IDK how its stayed unanswered this long. Theres a TON of myths out there that even though I myself know they're old wives tales still adhere to them. Some im sure will reignite endless age old debates such as; is "SUPERTHRIVE" any good or is it snake oil. Thats a decades old debate.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Heres something i thought was not doable until i recently saw it with my own eyes. A friend doubles his clones by taking a long bottom branch when he lollipops before flipping. This is how: he take a long bottom branch cuts as close to the stem as possible then about 6 inches from the tip or newest growth of the branch makes his 45° cut scrapes the skin dips in cloning gel and plants straight in coco no less. Then the lower part of the branch wich has now been topped when he took the newest part of the shoot to make the 1st clone is also cut in a 45° angle about to 7 inches in length dipped in cloning gel and planted too. Most are placed in propagation trays with a dome over it and some are set on top of a heating mat. His success rate is an astonishing 80%. Even more unbelievable is the fact that the poorest looking ones are left out of trays without humidity domes without heat mats because of lack of space. And with an incision on the top from where 1st clone was taken. Believe it or not he has about a 60% survival rate. I personally thought this wasnt doable yet here i am writing about it. Well, thats my story aaaand im stickin 2 it. PEACE n best of luck to all. I Look forward to hearing from everyone with similar stories or experiences.

MrRojos

MrRojos

the " follow the recipe" mentality is the new norm and very much counterproductive to progress
.. some on this site have strong opionins on things they know nothing about..
useful knowledge is supressed out of fear of being trolled by the "yocals".
tons of misconceptions

MrRojos

MrRojos

nice question! many disagree on this..
according to studies by usc and the university of colorado the microbes reproduce so rapidly that there is little to no adverse affect on the overall microbial life in soil.
id post the link but signal low.google "does tap water kill mucroorganisms in soil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like that video, but they're only working with chlorine, not chloramine. I'd like to see it done with NH2Cl Tx'd water. :)
I want to know if chloramine in tap water really kills microbial life in soil...
It can/does, but a small amount. It is more persistent than Cl alone, but just like Cl, once it hits organic molecules and reacts, it's 'done,' spent. That means that it's reacting with all organic molecules, not just microbes.

So here's the thing with NH2Cl, not only do plants actually need Cl, once the bond is broken with the NH2 (or whatever form of chloramine), you're going to get some N out of the deal, too. :D

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

I want to know if chloramine in tap water really kills microbial life in soil...
It does, its like antibiotics. They kill both harmful and beneficial bacteria. However it doesnt hurt the cannabis plant its self. Rhizosphere apart I M O i dont think the amount in regular tap is sufficient to affect microbial life in the root zone. Thats just my humble opinion. I haven't noticed any difference. R O water is for well water, hard water type situations. Or if yer reallly that anal about what elements constitute your T D S..

Latest posts

Top Bottom