Split A/C and containing smell.

• Thread starter bakershredhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bakershredhead

I have a 3.5 ton split precharged system. It has a 14 ducting coming out the air handler. I have it installed in a 10 x 20 well sealed room. I do still use my 10 scrubber exhaust for smell. My question is when the A/C kicks on it is blows so hard I can barely shut my door. So what ever small cracks I have in my room the air gets pushed out and into the rest of my shop. This isn't to bad during the first few weeks of flowering but in the end stages. The whole shop reeks during the light cycle. If anyone has any ideas input it would be a great help. I'm going to put my 6 inch scrubber in the shop and see if that helps.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
shouldn't you be sucking air from the room as you're blowing it? i work with computers and in my data center we have great AC. it blows in at the front of the data center and gets sucked out from the back so there is negative pressure in the room.
if you don't care about spending extra money on electricity get a big ass fan and charcoal scrubber and use them both. i have a small area and a 1ton BTU unit so it's not a big deal for me. i'd get at least a 10" or something that has a minimum of 1000cfm's and filter. you can never have too much odor control.

best of luck to you!

B

bakershredhead

Hey Oldsog I have a ten inch fan on a scrubber. You think I should try to some how tie this into my A/C so it comes on at the same time. I would leave it on 24/7 but that would defeat my CO2 burner. I thought maybe I should put the air handler in the room but it takes up a lot of room. I don't know if this would help any ways. Thanks for the reply

M

mrdizzle

air handler should be in the room, your kinda defeating the sealed room by pulling air from outside your room. you want your scrubber going 24/7 but not exhausting just a filter with the fan on top blowing into the room, the air handler inside the room wont create any positive pressure because its using the air inside the room, it just sucked the air in the room thru the handler, chills it then blows it back across your room keeping you co2 levels high.

if the handler is too be you could duct from your room into the handler then blow it back in, that way your still using the air inside the room but you have the handler outside

B

bakershredhead

Nice good idea mdrizzle i've got the filter cleaning the air in the room but didn't think about ducting from the intake of the air handler from inside the room. I'll let ya know when I get it done should be in a few weeks. Thanks

B

brookstown

I thought the purpose of the split unit was to eliminate the ducting and pos pressure.

F

fatfarmer

:character0053:if the smell is strong then use coffe beans,yes beans,not ground. set in warm spot in bowl. try hazelnut or something out of norm. works good for me! :damnhippie::pimp:

Top Bottom