Split Main Stem + Mag Deficiency (Maybe?). First grow, help please!!!!

• Thread starter tinyfingerstinyfeet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

Hey guys, I need some help with my plants, this is my first grow and they're on their 4th day of flower.

Just this morning while tucking one of the main stems (I topped a few weeks ago in veg), I split the joint in the middle, I'm worried that now they're in flower this may stunt them and maybe stop the stretch? I hope not. I zip-tied right underneath it so it won't split any further down, and the branches are sitting comfortably on the scrog net. Here's a photo.

Split main stem  mag deficiency maybe first grow help please 3

I'm pretty worried about this but I'm not sure if I need to be, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. However what I am even more worried about is the lower leaves, I think this is caused by a Magnesium deficiency, so they've been getting 5ml/gal CalMag with every watering and just last night I applied a foliar feed of 2 teaspoons of epsom salt per gallon of water about 15 minutes after lights out. This is happening on varying degrees to all four of my plants in the 4x4 tent. Here are a couple photos of the worst leaves.

Split main stem  mag deficiency maybe first grow help please
Split main stem  mag deficiency maybe first grow help please 2

They're being fed full strength Emerald Harvest nutes with a full dose of their CalMag at every watering, they're in 100% Canna Coco, in 5 gal fabric smart pots. I always pH the water after putting all their nutrients in, and always get it between 5.8 and 6.3, since these issues have shown up I have started pH'ing to above 6 always because I was told that is the pH that they best absorb Calcium and Magnesium. Their run-off is consistently lower than the water I put in, usually around 400 where as the nutrient mix is around 750. The pH in the root zone is consistently around 6 as well. They are under a 480W 3000K Quantum Board LED in a 4x4 tent, they're about 24 inches from the light and the light is dimmed to about 50%, I was also wondering when you guys think I should start increasing that to full strength.

Here's a pic of all of them today, quite happy with them so far for my first grow but I'm getting the nerves going into flower...

Split main stem  mag deficiency maybe first grow help please 4

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Works I did jack up broken branch with a coat hanger in the ground That red thing

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

2 plants.. the 1 on the right.. Can you tell? It is an old pic. No hiccups

20200606 202241
Dan789

Dan789

Hey guys, I need some help with my plants, this is my first grow and they're on their 4th day of flower.

Just this morning while tucking one of the main stems (I topped a few weeks ago in veg), I split the joint in the middle, I'm worried that now they're in flower this may stunt them and maybe stop the stretch? I hope not. I zip-tied right underneath it so it won't split any further down, and the branches are sitting comfortably on the scrog net. Here's a photo.

View attachment 984542

I'm pretty worried about this but I'm not sure if I need to be, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. However what I am even more worried about is the lower leaves, I think this is caused by a Magnesium deficiency, so they've been getting 5ml/gal CalMag with every watering and just last night I applied a foliar feed of 2 teaspoons of epsom salt per gallon of water about 15 minutes after lights out. This is happening on varying degrees to all four of my plants in the 4x4 tent. Here are a couple photos of the worst leaves.

View attachment 984539View attachment 984541

They're being fed full strength Emerald Harvest nutes with a full dose of their CalMag at every watering, they're in 100% Canna Coco, in 5 gal fabric smart pots. I always pH the water after putting all their nutrients in, and always get it between 5.8 and 6.3, since these issues have shown up I have started pH'ing to above 6 always because I was told that is the pH that they best absorb Calcium and Magnesium. Their run-off is consistently lower than the water I put in, usually around 400 where as the nutrient mix is around 750. The pH in the root zone is consistently around 6 as well. They are under a 480W 3000K Quantum Board LED in a 4x4 tent, they're about 24 inches from the light and the light is dimmed to about 50%, I was also wondering when you guys think I should start increasing that to full strength.

Here's a pic of all of them today, quite happy with them so far for my first grow but I'm getting the nerves going into flower...

View attachment 984543

My suggestion, stake and support both sides of the stem, then use some tape to bind the stem together, lose the tie wrap.

Welcome to the farm...

Madmax

Madmax

Agree with what Dan said..Just stake both sides to support the branch from splitting more and tape it..mine split like that when i grow horizontal and used a plastic g clamp to stop it splitting more.tape stopped ants and other insects getting into the wound.plants turned out fine..i would change that tie for a mini g clamp..my stem was way bigger and woody so could withstand the clamp though..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

View attachment 984542

View attachment 984539View attachment 984541

View attachment 984543

I noticed you leave your plants sitting in there run off if so this is probably the cause of the lower leaves are recurving and turning yellow n blotchy regards Od .

Top Bottom