• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

Split main stemwtf
Split main stemwtf 2
So check this out!
I have two clones going right now of a Sage CBD plant that a grew from seed. The original plant is finishing nicely but I am seeing some crazy things happening to the clones.
The main stem got increasingly large in diameter relative to the size of the clone, its flat not round, and upon further inspection, I noticed that it was almost as though two stems had grown as one!
Seriously, it looks and feels like two stems that have fused themselves together into one.
I have two clones, so I topped one just to see and left the other alone to see how they grew out.
Anyone ever seen anything like this?
Maybe they don't like the CMH light so close. I raised it up some after taking the pics.

JMcG

JMcG

Oh yeah! That's what I am anticipating... some big yeilders! Two main fuel lines instead of one ought a bring it on!
So it's gotta be those CMH and their UV messing with a young clone, don't you think?
I know you and I both have em. I think I was too close, within 30" or so. I had a bit of stress on a couple of others so I raised it up a bit

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use large (big kahuna hoods), so I keep them close. Max 2', more like 1.5' in flower In a.c. hoods. Its fn sick, i get super thick stalks now with 315cmh than i ever did with 600hps.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

take some more clones from this. it it produces large yields with nice effects you will definitely want to keep that clone if that genetic marker is carried forward in the clones

Oh yeah! That's what I am anticipating... some big yeilders! Two main fuel lines instead of one ought a bring it on!
So it's gotta be those CMH and their UV messing with a young clone, don't you think?
I know you and I both have em. I think I was too close, within 30" or so. I had a bit of stress on a couple of others so I raised it up a bit

JMcG

JMcG

Yeah, definitely gonna clone them to see if it was genetic or just stress that caused this. The original plant from seed didn't show this...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
View attachment 773277 View attachment 773278 So check this out!
I have two clones going right now of a Sage CBD plant that a grew from seed. The original plant is finishing nicely but I am seeing some crazy things happening to the clones.
The main stem got increasingly large in diameter relative to the size of the clone, its flat not round, and upon further inspection, I noticed that it was almost as though two stems had grown as one!
Seriously, it looks and feels like two stems that have fused themselves together into one.
I have two clones, so I topped one just to see and left the other alone to see how they grew out.
Anyone ever seen anything like this?
Maybe they don't like the CMH light so close. I raised it up some after taking the pics.
Ya you can do this to any plant.... Pinch a stem and it produces scar tissue.... The top looks smashed not cut

If your light is too close itll bleach the leaves.... I have seen a lot of weird shit when you damage or smash a plant

Last edited:
JMcG

JMcG

E1014B5B 86F6 4D80 8766 5FD8DD4C488E
AC54D04C 10AA 4943 88A3 515D045283C8
Ya you can do this to any plant.... Pinch a stem and it produces scar tissue.... The top looks smashed not cut

If your light is too close itll bleach the leaves.... I have seen a lot of weird shit when you damage or smash a plant
Well.... here she is getting close to chop.
Crazy growth out of the main stem of the one that did not get topped! The on that did get topped returned to normal growth.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Really nice work, plants look awesome nice job. SNOLEPERD

Latest posts

Top Bottom