Split Plants Stems For Extra Resin Production

• Thread starter nikson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nikson

nikson

hey
I read that a few weeks before harvest there are farmers who create a split in the plant right at the beginning of the stem close to the soil to stress them for extra resin production
Did any of you hear or try this method?
what do you think? its work?

thanks in advance

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

hey
I read that a few weeks before harvest there are farmers who create a split in the plant right at the beginning of the stem close to the soil to stress them for extra resin production
Did any of you hear or try this method?
what do you think? its work?

thanks in advance
I looked at it, but decided not to try it...Just didn't think it would do much good and might actually cause some harm? Who knows..so much stuff out there, some good, and some pure fantasy. If it works for you..plz update here..TIA

Reactions: Ina
nikson

nikson

I looked at it, but decided not to try it...Just didn't think it would do much good and might actually cause some harm? Who knows..so much stuff out there, some good, and some pure fantasy. If it works for you..plz update here..TIA

I can tell you that out of 6 plants that came from the same seeds. One of them was mistakenly split. It was actually in the form of V from the ground and when I wanted to tie it it accidentally broke and split. About 3 centimeters. I put it together with tape. You can see after a week or 2 is full of resin about 40% -30% more than the others.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Not stem splitting but I supercrop some plants a few weeks prior to harvest.

This last grow I had two diesel autos, I super cropped all the branches on one a few weeks before harvest and left the other alone. The one I super cropped produced much more potent buds. My husband smokes a 1/2 gram joint every 2 hours and he couldnt finish the one a supercropped. He said there was a noticeable difference between the two diesel autos. So I’m not sure if it was supercropping or a variation in the plants that explains the potency of the two plants.

Ina

Ina

Because I grow guerilla style I cant try the splitting,too much stress even without it,too much bugs and fungus outside in the bushes.But if I had really healthy plants without any other problems I would sacrifice one of them because few years ago a rabbit loop some of the bark of the stem(lots of it in fact) on one of my plants and I've noticed(at least it seemed to me)тhat the plant was more potent and more resinous but it was much more yellow than its sisters in the end:)...So I would try but the plant must be healthy and may be not outdoor grown or at least I have to be able to watch it regularly .....How long before the harvest has to be made?

MissBotany

MissBotany

I supper crop 2-3 weeks before harvest. I’m actually about to go to my grow room and super crop my peppermint kush since it’s aboit 2-3 weeks from harvest.

Reactions: Ina
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I can tell you that out of 6 plants that came from the same seeds. One of them was mistakenly split. It was actually in the form of V from the ground and when I wanted to tie it it accidentally broke and split. About 3 centimeters. I put it together with tape. You can see after a week or 2 is full of resin about 40% -30% more than the others.
Pictures? Maybe a before and after shot..My curiosity is up..for a change..:D

MissBotany

MissBotany

Not stem splitting but I supercrop some plants a few weeks prior to harvest.

This last grow I had two diesel autos, I super cropped all the branches on one a few weeks before harvest and left the other alone. The one I super cropped produced much more potent buds. My husband smokes a 1/2 gram joint every 2 hours and he couldnt finish the one a supercropped. He said there was a noticeable difference between the two diesel autos. So I’m not sure if it was supercropping or a variation in the plants that explains the potency of the two plants.

I’d have to clone one of my plants then supercrop one and leave the other alone to see if it makes an actual difference.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I’d have to clone one of my plants then supercrop one and leave the other alone to see if it makes an actual difference.
Interesting..Hope you will continue update here..Thanx!
Personally, I still supercrop..just sayin..(waiting..LOL)
Praying

Madbud

Madbud

Did it with this low branch that was weak about a week ago. It didnt hurt it and the pistils do seem bigger. Used a twig from another plant. Will be doing more soon.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Interesting..Hope you will continue update here..Thanx!
Personally, I still supercrop..just sayin..(waiting..LOL)
View attachment 831010

Oh I’ll still continue to supercrop! Regardless, it has its benefits because i bend the branches to open up the inside of the plant to expose some of those buds not getting a lot of light. Maybe my next grow I’ll clone some of the plants I grow for my husband since I was already planning on cloning my dinamed cbd plus (FYI- this plant is a dream for anxiety).

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Did it with this low branch that was weak about a week ago. It didnt hurt it and the pistils do seem bigger. Used a twig from another plant. Will be doing more soon.
Thank you..It looks to be very interesting indeed..Maybe take a few before and after shots of the Trichs?
I find pictures help me sort out the details..(memory not so great these days..and when I am high (always needed for a medical condition)..memory is even worse)..TIA

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I don’t think plants from seed is a good way to judge since the variation in the phenotypes is more likely the difference you see in resin.

Madbud

Madbud

Thank you..It looks to be very interesting indeed..Maybe take a few before and after shots of the Trichs?
I find pictures help me sort out the details..(memory not so great these days..and when I am high (always needed for a medical condition)..memory is even worse)..TIA
Here ya go, two basically identical branches, pistils orange-ish, just split the right side and inserted a marijuana twig. Edit: looking inside the split, this branch is not hollow like i’ve seen in others, just an observation

F286EB40 889F 4F55 9D40 C466E27BE764
9A7C3773 29DB 4E2C 8FD3 73DD0B25E2D2
D8A72DC8 5AB7 46D1 ABD1 067EA509C8FC
FE8AC68C 13CC 4766 9F4E 197712BF3824
3C1F4859 B32C 4A75 86B8 0825056D90AD
Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanx for the pics..but from here, they look about the same..Not saying anything negative, just what my lousy eyes can see..

nikson

nikson

Hey, I think the split should be in the main stem right near the ground. When you do this you release hormones that tell the plant that it's going to die. I think the location of the split is very important in this case.

Madbud

Madbud

Hey, I think the split should be in the main stem right near the ground. When you do this you release hormones that tell the plant that it's going to die. I think the location of the split is very important in this case.
True, but i expect the same effect, we will see in a week. For now i selected a spot that shouldn’t split any further although the wind may break the split branch. Each branch is nearly identical as far as pruning and cola. If i did the base of the plant we couldn’t make a comparison.

Top Bottom