Split Stalk Down The Middle

• Thread starter Kricia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kricia

I am in my last couple weeks of flowering and one of my plants split down the middle of it's main stalk. The top buds are very very BIG and it had become top heavy. Came outside this morning to check on my babies and discovered her. I already have the stalk tied back together. What else can I do? Is she going to die, should I just cut her down now? Please help!

K

Kricia

Ok thank you. I was worried... She is so close to being done

Monster762

Monster762

I am in my last couple weeks of flowering and one of my plants split down the middle of it's main stalk. The top buds are very very BIG and it had become top heavy. Came outside this morning to check on my babies and discovered her. I already have the stalk tied back together. What else can I do? Is she going to die, should I just cut her down now? Please help!
Pic? I think you did most of all you can. Now watch the split for any rotting or anything. Just keep good eye on it. It'll either heal or it won't. Don't cut the plant down until you're sure it's dying or starts rotting. It may show few negatives like leaves dying off. As long as stuff stays green up there it's surviving. Just watch it. Plants heal things you'd never expect them to heal. It's going to lose some energy and like I said it'll show few bad signs. You'll know if it's dying off. Pics help too.

K

Kricia

I've already got her put back up in her spot. I would kinda have to mess with her again to be able to get decent pics. It split a good 4 inches. I almost cried. I was picking her back up and noticed.I gave her some water before I put her back

BudBogart

BudBogart

I've already got her put back up in her spot. I would kinda have to mess with her again to be able to get decent pics. It split a good 4 inches. I almost cried. I was picking her back up and noticed.I gave her some water before I put her back

I had more than one split down the middle from heavy buds. I blamed it on topping. The good news is we tied em back up and they grew without missing a beat. Hope yours does too.

King Julien

King Julien

Yeah, years ago I had 8 plants under 2 600W HPS and about 2 weeks before they were ready a main stem split in two and one half of the plant fell into another one which caused a similar problem with it.

Tied them both up as completely and tightly as I could without overdoing it, completely wrapped the split to kind of splint it and give it strength more than to keep it clean, and crossed my fingers. They were fine. Both finished with no problems although another one of those plants eventually had another split about a week later and I just finished breaking it off for some early test smoke...Like an ounce and a half of early test smoke.

K

Kricia

Yeah, years ago I had 8 plants under 2 600W HPS and about 2 weeks before they were ready a main stem split in two and one half of the plant fell into another one which caused a similar problem with it.

Tied them both up as completely and tightly as I could without overdoing it, completely wrapped the split to kind of splint it and give it strength more than to keep it clean, and crossed my fingers. They were fine. Both finished with no problems although another one of those plants eventually had another split about a week later and I just finished breaking it off for some early test smoke...Like an ounce and a half of early test smoke.

I have a little test smoke drying as we speak

S

Savvywoo

Did you plant heal had crazy winds last night came out to plant sllit in half bad wondering if irs gknna make it or if pulling early is a good idea

Resized 20190914 091137
Top Bottom