Splotchy looking Moe Mists

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

So these are 4 weeks from seed. Just started to feed with 1/4 strength Advanced Nutes, RO water with added Calmag ph'd to 6.5. Promix soiless mix under t5's, the SFV's, Alien Dogs and Jamacain OG's are lookin much better on the same feeding program...and these were all tranpslanted 6 days ago.

Are these being burned? Underfed? Or transplant shock.

BTW in the 2nd pic it's the one in the middle, the others were all started the same time...notice it is quite stunted in direct comparison to the OG's and Dogs.

Californication 005jpg
Californication 006jpg
D

doco

My guess would be underfed if they are 4 weeks in soiless without nutrients. I start my seedlings 1ml/gallon gmb & calmag after the first set of 3 leaves. Start nutes very gradually.

O

onlytoken

Looks to me more like a nutrient lockout/shock/bad genetic? Is there a tray underneath all of these sharing the water? R/O water does not hold pH well... are they being watered by hand or passively by a tray (ebb and flow, pouring water in the tray, etc)?

The only time one sees the zebra striping white like that is usually due to a bad genetic line (that sometimes cures with size, but all subsequent clones will exhibit the same stunted growth when small)... or nutrient lockout caused by a pH problem. Doubtful that shock would produce an overall spotiness. How fast was the onset of this spotiness symptom?

Good luck!

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the replies...shouldn't be nute lockout since this photo was after their first feeding. I am hand watering, I let the mix sit for 20 mins prior to ph adjusting so shouldn't be a ph issue. I'm leaning to your suggestion of it being genetic, I have 4 / 5 Moes showing the spottiness but this one by far the worst the others are larger plants with only slight splotchiness. Last night they had their second feed, lets see if it starts to improve with subsequant feedings.

S

Slips

The kali clone that the moe was made from was very sativa and touchy ... but still a gem worth keeping .... it looks to me though a good replant and some food well let them take off, they always put out in flower ...

They look hungry

Here is the clone she was bx'd from
slips

Kalimist
JH420

JH420

Wowza that's an amazing lookin example. Yesterday, I gave all my seedlings another 1/4 strength feeding...the splotchy Moe looks a bit worse since then, while all my other seedlings including 4 more Moes were bigger and healthier lookin...there was a little bit of spottiness on a couple other Moes but it is getting less and less prominant as the plant grows and this one is not growing much...if it all.

S

Slips

Yea I wish I still had her ... one day i'll find her again as she was passed on to many

Just to warn you when I flowered 3 moe mists they quadripled in size even my runt ... they where just touchy in vegg but in flower they seemed to be very tolerant.

In vegg I think they prefer an 18/6 lite cycle compared to 24/0.

I have had the best results planting her just in soil and then forgetting about her ... or in coco from 12/12

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the advice, I wasnt' counting on her to quadruple in size...I think she is actually starting to perk up a bit...

Sickmoe
O

onlytoken

That's wonderful =)

I have a Blue Hash (Dinafem) selfed f2 mother that does not enjoy being cloned at all. After transplanted from the solo cups to the large growbags it stunts for at least a week or two. Once it takes, it shoots up with some of the thickest stems, and right now happens to be the most progressed in the budding process. The buds are the thickest, and definitely has the most weight. Unstable genetics generally balance out towards the good once it passes the crucial first few weeks, and attains a good size.

After all, it is all good genetics... just varying degrees... and we are looking for what is great, not simply good =)

Best of luck, and glad to hear things are perking up!

Top Bottom