Spots?!?

• Thread starter Ctorez85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ctorez85

Ctorez85

So, only 2nd year growing, so still new to everything. Loving the progress I made last year. Excited to see how I manage this year. So today checked my plants as I do everyday. And notice mad spots all over just the top new leaves coming in. So need help identifying and curing this issue. So I also dont make this mistake in the future . Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Spots
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Too big of spots for spider mites, but looks similar. Look under your leaves for tiny critters. The spots are from where the bugs sucked the juice out of the leaf... so far they are OK but if they get too many, it can kill off the leaf. Outdoors is a little harder to treat, but don't rely on ladybugs to clean up the plants as they will miss most of them. I'm not going to recommend anything as I grow indoors which is totally different than the perils faced outdoors. Some bugs are to be expected, but you don't want them getting too comfortable in your buds.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im having all kind of problems with bugs outdoors i feel like im fighting a loosing battle

Ctorez85

Ctorez85

So I did a little reading and so I went and got some neem oil. Just in case it is a insect issue. This should take care of it and all future pests as well.

Noise.Boy

Noise.Boy

Maybe consider adding companion plants to your grow space. Marigolds, Basil, Cilantro, Peppermint, Chili Peppers, Yarrow are some examples.
If you are with your plants on a regular basis, get out your hose and mist them, helps knock critters off, helps with transpiration during peak periods.
To be fair, some advise against using this technique because the droplets of water will magnify the sun’s rays and burn the plants leaves.
I live in Northern Ca., where it gets real hot, sometimes for weeks. This is what works for me. Mist leaves, top and bottom, give the plant a quick shake, they love it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So, only 2nd year growing, so still new to everything. Loving the progress I made last year. Excited to see how I manage this year. So today checked my plants as I do everyday. And notice mad spots all over just the top new leaves coming in. So need help identifying and curing this issue. So I also dont make this mistake in the future . Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
I could be wrong but it looks like leafhopper damage

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi there I would like to bring to your attention on the label the word CAUTION Neem can burn your plants if sprayed incorrectly, I have seen it many times used in this crop and vegetable and flower crops , do you give your plant Silica it will give the plant a bit of inner defence against chewing and sucking insects the action of the insect intakes the silica through its mouth parts , silica when ingested cuts the mouth parts and stomach up rendering them dead . Again Caution with Neem . Regards Od .

Ctorez85

Ctorez85

Hi there I would like to bring to your attention on the label the word CAUTION Neem can burn your plants if sprayed incorrectly, I have seen it many times used in this crop and vegetable and flower crops , do you give your plant Silica it will give the plant a bit of inner defence against chewing and sucking insects the action of the insect intakes the silica through its mouth parts , silica when ingested cuts the mouth parts and stomach up rendering them dead . Again Caution with Neem . Regards Od .

So I have only use the neem oil 2 times in the plant. I also read that afternoon the plant to water it down to insure you dont clog the pores. Perhaps it might perhaps it doesn't. I actually just trimmed all the bad leaves on the spot. It seems to be recovering now. I havent notice any new spots or areas damaged. I'm gonna give it a week to see if I notice anything different. I will definitely keep updating as it progresses.

Noise.Boy

Noise.Boy

As advised, be careful with Neem. Application is always cut with a mild detergent like Dawn ( you will need research % cause it's been a while ) Never apply when it's hot... dusk is a good time. I use it once during veg as a preventive measure. I don't like the idea of the oil permeating the plant so I spray it on, let it set for like an hour, rinse it off.

It's a constant battle outdoors, critters will adapt, staying one step a head is a constant battle.

D.E is a good practice, make sure it's food grade, not the stuff you use in your pool. Although good on the dirt and leaves, D.E does not discriminate when it comes to critters, will take out beneficial insects as well.

Silica is great, should be a part of your watering routine, not every time, but regularly.

I tried the habanero recipe last year, worked great. Ladybugs are always good, predatory mites ... better.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom