Spraying tomatoes or any other kind of plant with aspirin will make them grow better, have less diseases and ward off insects.

• Thread starter garybo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
@Kanzeon - Thanks for the links, will review them. I quickly scanned the list of test species and was looking for something at least in the clade.

@redshift75 - RO water has no buffer capacity and will get weird when you try to control PH but experience with various nutrient formulations can make it a done deal. There are lots of folks here that can help with that journey.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So the jist of this is over the counter aspirin doesnt have the same effects of applying SA directly? I'm reading though all of this trying to get it..... Makes me want to buy a bottle of OSA28! Wait no I dont.

Gardening (no matter the type) is 90% product marketing, sales, and feels vs 10% growing. None of this surprises me.

Keepin it Cali
One

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Came across this when I was looking into Si. This a study where they did foliar of Si + SA, individually of each and controls. This pertains to cotton tho so no idea how this equates to our plants.

(the copy pasta is kind of jacked but im not a member so whatever)

It is observed that the SA foliar application did not affect the physiological variables A and gs in the cotton plants, independent of the Si application. There are contradictory reports on the role of SA in determining the physiological variables, depending on the culture. While it reduced the Aand gs at an SA concentration of 1.1 106M in castor bean (Carvalho Junior et al.
2016), other studies indicated that SA increased the Aat a concentration of 103M in rice(Farooq et al. 2010) and the gs at a concentration of 10
5M in chickpea (Hayat et al. 2010).

Although SA is an osmotic regulator and its presence increases the Ca 2þ levels in the cel-
lular cytosol of certain species (Noreen et al. 2011), the variation in the plant responses to this
hormone depends on the season of application, the form of use, and the environmental condi-
tions (Nivedithadevi et al. 2012).

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
So, effective use is... complicated. Damn. And no real data on cannabis. Double damn.

I guess I'll have to stick with emulating nature.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So, effective use is... complicated. Damn. And no real data on cannabis. Double damn.

I guess I'll have to stick with emulating nature.

100% anecdotal, but I can say that adding aspirin to my grow (both in foliar (150mg/L) and with the watering mix (450mg/5gal) was a huge turning point.

Within 24 hours I noticed faster growth, more resistance to fungus gnats and PM, and stronger stems. Aspirin and adding humic and fulvic acids to the feeds have been big developments.

zzzybil

zzzybil

had a struggling lil runt once with ZERO will to thrive ............ lol I did it everything I could think of including women's vitamins and asprin in its water ..........the lil effer finally RALLIED !! No clue if anything I did it mattered . I affectionally called it ''crash test dummy'' ........... Well it finally took off but hermied like yuh wouldn't BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!! Nanner sacks under EVERY BUD ..........regular powder fest ....... and yep knocked up it's sister ........ Ruined her . Too bad I didn't keep better eye on'm .............. When i finally saw it I thought powdery mildew LOL ........... but nope ......... shoulda renamed her ''fertil myrtle '' still have the seeds .................... Forgot about that learning experience ........ The asprin or the vitamins IDK - maybe just me ..........black thumb

Tubilcain

Tubilcain

The point of the article is that there is no supporting science for aspirin.
I downloaded this the other day. This paper is about the effect of aspirin on tomato plants with the use of saline water. But at the same time it proves the benefits of aspirin. From the university of Lebanon.

INVESTIGATING THE POTENTIAL OF FOLIAR APPLICATION OF ACETYL SALICYLIC ACID (ASPIRIN) AS A METHOD TO MITIGATE SALT STRESS ON TOMATO PLANTS

Presented by Mirna Chokor Approved by: ………….. Chairperson of the committee Signature................................................................. ………………….. Member of the committee Signature................................................................. Professor Youssef SASSINE Advisor Signature................................................................. May, 2018

Acknowledgements At the outset, I praise the almighty for all his blessings and guidance. I would like to thank all the wonderful people whose support and encouragement made this thesis a possibility: Prof. Samir MEDAWAR, the Dean of Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine My supervisor Prof. Youssef SASSINE for the continuous support during my thesis, for his patience, motivation, enthusiasm and unsurpassed knowledge without which I could not have accomplished this part of my life. Dr Zeina EL SEBAALY, for her effort during the thesis, her comments, suggestions advices, patience. Her guidance helped me in all the time of research and in writing of this thesis. Eng. Tony Sajyan for his technical follow up Dr Jad Rizkallah for providing me the statistical analysis and graphs of my thesis Members of the Jury for their valuable comments and opinion Last but not least, we would like to present a special thanks to our families, for their love, understanding, encouragement, and confidence in us.
Abstract

Salinity problem in Lebanon has been increasing threatening the growth of various crops including tomato. Therefore, Aspirin (Acetyl Salicylic Acid) application was evaluated as a method to counteract adverse salinity effects on tomato plants. This was done through foliar spraying of three concentrations of Aspirin (A1: 50mg/L, A2: 75mg/L and A3: 100mg/L) on tomato plants subjected to different levels of salt stress (EC=2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 dS/m) through saline irrigation. Control consisted on plants irrigated with the five saline solutions and not treated by Aspirin (A0). Results showed that average plant height ranged between a minimum of 30 cm and a maximum of 45 cm in all treatments and did not overly vary between treated and non-treated plants at all ECs. On the other hand, at 52 DAT (Days After Transplantation), leaf number and flowering capacity were enhanced by Aspirin application in A1/EC4 by 3 leaves and 10 flowers respectively compared to A0/EC4. In non-treated plants, increasing salinity (from EC2 to EC10) has reduced stem diameter (by 0.2 cm), fruit number (by 1 fruit), fruit diameter (by 0.9 cm), fruit weight (by 13 g), yield (by 35 g), dry weight of aboveground parts (by 8 g) and dry weight of roots (3 g). However, at EC10 A1 and A2 application improved stem diameter by (0.25 cm and 0.35 cm respectively) and A1 increased fruit weight and yield (by 5 g and 35 g respectively). Dry weights of plant parts were improved by all Aspirin concentrations at EC6, 8 and 10. Additionally, there was amelioration in fruit number by 3 fruits following A2 application at EC4 and in fruit set percentage by 16 % following A3 application at EC8 compared to control. In general, Aspirin treatment (A1, A2 and A3) induced earliness of 1-3 days in fruit maturity and a delay of 2-5 days in fruit ripening. Moreover, Aspirin increased total chlorophyll content and leaf area at all ECs and TSS and TTA at EC8 and EC10 compared to control. Finally, treating plants by Aspirin could only partially mitigate negative salinity effects on tomato crop. Keywords: Lebanon, tomato, Aspirin, salinity, growth,

There are 82 more pages covering every aspect of everything they did and there results. But this is all I was really after.

Last edited:
Vapidyne

Vapidyne

I read “way too much bro science in gardening” and I transported back to the 1960’s where secretly passed down bro science was the only tips we had.
That’s when I learned about boiling the roots to push the THC up the stems and how to cure by either drying on dry ice, or burying the bud in coffee cans to cure.
Woah i think i need to hear more about curing in coffee cans! Sounds interesting.

Top Bottom