Springtails in Coco, how to get rid of?

• Thread starter YouleTrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YouleTrees

Hey guys, I somehow got some springtails in my coco coir in 3 of my 7 tents indoors. I’ve never had any issues with any pests before, but I want to get rid of them. I know some people swear they are good for the plants, but I don’t really care. How can I get rid of them? H2O2 watering? I’ve been letting my plants dry out until starting to wilt to keep the numbers down, but when I water I literally see hundreds in each pot. The plants are all in flower so I’m not really able to remove them. Hoping I can water with something to kill them or something. I sprinkle the top of the coco with diatomaceous earth and sprayed the stalk of the plants to keep them from crawling up to the buds or leaves.

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Neem wash before flower… after flower not sure… but they really aren’t bad for your bud…

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

They really are good for your soil. The break down organic material for the plant. They also kill other soil dwelling pests

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Not gonna get rid of them at this point. More likely to mess up your bud trying. Mix diatomaceous earth into soil from here on out to prevent them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom