Spydrx 2p Trouble - Newbie LED User Help

• Thread starter kurupdid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kurupdid

kurupdid

Greetings,
I am wondering if anyone out there can help reduce the learning curve i am experiencing using the Spydrx 2p and give me some direction for finishing my plants with max resin and terp production using the LED light.

Basically ive been growing with a HPS for 50+ harvest and have always had hardy, stinky terpy , sticky potent awesomeness that everyone one desires as a overall finish for top shelf buds. i decided to switch over to spydr 2p LED. i did not change anything about my set up, accept the lighting. My VPD/temps/humidity, water schedule, ventilation, CO2 ppms, all the same and are in check. i actually had no clue what PAR or PFFD my HPS ran at teh canopy, it just did work, never asked any questions. always been super successful

NOW, my buds are freaking huger then ever with the LED! Super stoked my yield has almost doubled and yielding over 2-3 lbs dry on the one lamp in 8 weeks:
HOWEVER, my terpine profile has completely dropped off and resin production is down prolly half. i think im getting bleached maybe from light intensity at the end of the cycle? i dont know: also i feel like the resin production stage just didnt come at the correct timing such as normal in the last 3 weeks of flower? almost like the plants just were hulking raging for and not going into a dieing phase.
honestly i ran the light at 100% straight through. the plants seems to be just fine in terms of healthy green at 18-24'', so i never thought anything of it until finish time came.

should i be considering a dimming schedule?

If so, Does any one have a good dimming schedule start to finish they could suggest using this full spectrum LED?

or explain why im experiencing this and how to adjust please?

Do i need to consider supplemental lighting like UVB or something else in the last 3 weeks to kick start the plants into resin production or can this be done differently?

bottom line:

I think im missing something here regaurding closing out the show and i almost got it, i would love anyone who can diagnose the finishing sequence please!?!?

Set up:
Light:
SPYDR 2p
PPF: 1600 µmol/s
Input Power: 645W (Dimmable 5%-100%)
CO2:
1250 ppm
Space:
5' x 5'
Media:
70 coco/30 pear-lite
Nutrience:
VEG+BLOOM RO/SOFT + shine + mamouth P + great white
(feeds once a week, with water inbetween)
Timing:
Usually 8 weeks

temp:
80 deg/60% humid

theoretically calculated PAR at 18'' from canopy at 100% (provided by manufacturer) for spydr 2p

spydr 2- PAR 18''.PNG

Last edited:
Nugg

Nugg

Don't know if it would help but..with led.you need to run the room temps higher..like 85f.the radiant heat is lower with led..so need to make up for it with room temp.. for transpiration.not saying that's your issue at all.just some info

kurupdid

kurupdid

i read a couple things:

1.dial back on the nutrient about 25%
2. raise the temperature of the room a bit
3. dimming the last 2 weeks
4. maybe go to a 10/14 schedule
5. more flushing

taking all these into consideration: i would say... the plants need less food if you hit the DLI correctly. which means i could use a shorter day time, less nuits, and less light and or there for more flushing would mean the plants arent needs as much and they are over nuit and its deminishing effect.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Maybe you are overfeeding to compensate for the bigger faster growth. Overfeeding kills potency and flavor in my opinion.

kurupdid

kurupdid

Maybe you are overfeeding to compensate for the bigger faster growth. Overfeeding kills potency and flavor in my opinion.

i keep reading out there to use 25-30% less nuits with LEDs.
i have keep the feeding the same, so i got to assume i am over feeding.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i keep reading out there to use 25-30% less nuits with LEDs.
i have keep the feeding the same, so i got to assume i am over feeding.

Gotta learn what the plants are telling us not listen to random forum advice. Its all just guidelines. Every plant and grow can be different.

Top Bottom