Ssh, What Do People Think About It? Top Shelf Or Not?

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So I am trying to find a strain that isn't as common as the normal strains you see floating around Cali. With that in mind I have been popping seed after seed for years. I finally found a strain that I love, and yields well outdoors. The strain is Silver Mountain from Bodhi. I only had to pop a couple beans to find what I thought could be a plant that finds a home in my garden for a long time. I have more beans to pop to find an even better sample.

So my question to everybody is, what strains do consider the elites of cannabis? How does Super Silver Haze rank among these elites?

I personally love GSC, OG Kush, GDP, and SSH. Most clubs want anything OG and GSC, but what do they know right?

Blaze

Blaze

I really like the SSH too, or at least the cut of it I have. Great smoke, has good medical properties as well. Outside the quality was very nice, but the yield sucks, at least compared to the other genetics I run (have yet to see it even come close to hitting double digits.) In light dep it does awesome though, very productive and the smoke is even better than when grown outdoors.

H

happy b

Ssh is awesome!breeding genius in my opinion . an absolute classic . We don't get weed from shelves were i come from but if we did,a well grown sample of ssh would definitely find a place on the top shelf . iv STILL never heard a bad word about a bodhi strain . and that's rare in this game . There's usually always someone ready to run down a breeder over next to nothing.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I grew a cut of SSH for years and it was most certainly top shelf. I lost it 2 years ago and wish I never did. Bought two packs from Mr. Nice and it was straight hemp! My original cut had a great smell and bag appeal for days! If you can find a solid cut you won't be disappointed.

suomynona

suomynona

@Blaze , we likely have the same cut, as mine is the norcal cut thats been around for years. The biggest ive seen her do od is about 7 units, so not double digits but nothing to make fun of either. Havent done her in a dep yet but i will this next season after hearing your opinion on her and dep. I just finished some in my hoops and with no heaters or sup lights her buds were still the size of 16 ounce cans and frosty as could be.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I grew a cut of SSH for years and it was most certainly top shelf. I lost it 2 years ago and wish I never did. Bought two packs from Mr. Nice and it was straight hemp! My original cut had a great smell and bag appeal for days! If you can find a solid cut you won't be disappointed.
I've got a pack from mns. Everything I've ran from them has sucked tho so scared to pop them

H

happy b

Ssh is awesome!breeding genius in my opinion . an absolute classic . We don't get weed from shelves were i come from but if we did,a well grown sample of ssh would definitely find a place on the top shelf . iv STILL never heard a bad word about a bodhi strain . and that's rare in this game . There's usually always someone ready to run down a breeder over next to nothing.
By the way I'm not saying bodhi bred ssh . I know that's how it looks . I'm referring to bulldogs post mentioning silver mountain.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Thanks for all the replies guys. I knew I wasn't crazy when I saw the finished product of SSH and was stoked! Not too many negative words about her, and I am going to put her to the test next season and see how she yields. Thanks for the feedback.

H

happy b

I, ll tell you all what surprised me . that people thought the mr nice ssh was crap.(not that iv tried it).I mean shanti baba is the original breeder . who often do you see people preferring a copy over the original?not very often . If the mns ssh is so pish,how did it gain such a reputation and following?I never bothered with mns though I do hav respect for shanti baba for what he,s done for the weed game . and Howard Marks is a legend here in the UK . Although mns vend here you don't see many grow journals on theyr gear.

H

happy b

I, ll tell you all what surprised me . that people thought the mr nice ssh was crap.(not that iv tried it).I mean shanti baba is the original breeder . who often do you see people preferring a copy over the original?not very often . If the mns ssh is so pish,how did it gain such a reputation and following?I never bothered with mns though I do hav respect for shanti baba for what he,s done for the weed game . and Howard Marks is a legend here in the UK . Although mns vend here you don't see many grow journals on theyr gear . and as to you thinking you were going crazy thinking your SILVER MOUNTAIN is good bulldog,iv come to realise that the selections Bodhi makes to use in his breeding stock are far superior to MOST other breeders . only a very small % of the crosses Bodhi makes actually get released for sale . The vast majority don't meet his very high standards . so if a Bodhi cross makes it to market ,it's a forgone conclusion that it's going to be top quality.

william76

william76

Ssh now ain't what it used to be,unless it's a cut from before,its harder to find now in seedpacks,just like nl and all the other great strains lost,plants also acclimatise. And grow more hemplike over generations,i think this is what were seeing when a strain isn't what it used to be,i got nl from sensi 2\3 yrs back,grew like hemp smelled like hemp,grew that tall thin way like hemp, 76

suomynona

suomynona

The clone onlys here in nor cal have stayed the same for decades with very little change in growth or look from my experience. Granted ive only been here for about 15 years, but the cuts i originally got here were kept by guys for many years before me and they are still the same.

I can't speak for trying to find a super silver pheno from seed though, although i am running some super silver haze f2s right now that were gifted to me but i really am only planning to pick a good male or two from those.

Top Bottom