Ssh, What Do People Think About It? Top Shelf Or Not?

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
This begs an interesting question - I hear a LOT about the old hazes people used to experience and how next level they were - Rarely do I hear from someone who currently has a cut of this quality that they can genuinely say is better than any of today's elites. I wonder, is all of this Haze worship just 'grass-is-greener' mis-remembering of old experiences? I'm sure it's good, but is it really better than, say, OG Kush or Sour Diesel?

Full disclosure: I've run and smoked SSH (via clone) and Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk #1 (via seed). Both were decent, but neither were better than the Sour Diesel or Headband I had running next to them, and they were faaaaar longer and waaaay lower yielding. It is possible that I've never smoked a haze of the quality that the old timers always speak of, but I'm starting to suspect Haze is more legend than reality.

I'm genuinely interested in the answer to this question - I have a 9 pack of MNS SSH I'm waiting to pop, but I'm not going to the considerable trouble if I can't find someone who *currently* has an SSH cut they'd consider elite enough to hang with today's best.
There are some nice cuts of mns ssh here in LA. I would guess that 5-10% at most ,of growers post online.
I just grew out two females of mns ssh that has great high, but I did not do the greatest job. But I will put my ssh ice hash up against decent shatter anyday. Its devastating.
Screenshot 2015 01 03 10 38 29 2
View attachment 472082

R

rivendell

hyzer. i,ll answer as best i can .ssh was made from three of what most would call the backbone of modern cannabis at that time .its funny that og kush or sour deisel are what your comparing them to .sour and og "kush" are dominant sativas about 70% .The sour d and og are what most consider the backbone of modern cannabis today.i know them very very well. thats all i,ll say .they are bitchin strains although almost sisters.the headband or the 707 headband are great also.The top notch sativas are in the 20s as is the g and sour ive seen 19 and above .there is a much stronger kick in the face with the sour head wise,hazes are more trippy sometimes very trippy the sour is punch ya in the face powerful when done right (depending on the "deisel" strain) many are copycats.if i had one strain to medicate daily with i would probly pick the real sour,taste and power.the og is so muddled lately in cali its really cut related.tahoe,larry,the og came from ocean grown.believe me or not .ive watched the debate of the dog to sour and its comical to me .the interview with chem on the dunn show sums it up well. deadtour ..but getting back to the question i like alot of different beers or wines or whiskey .someetime i like the buzz from vodka,other times i want a beer.sometimes i want a heady buzz,othertimes i want to go concentrate and krush it.the ole timers ya i get it i heard and heard about this columbian or thai stick blah blah.most were around 10-18% but the buzz was great im sure.The modern hazes are as strong as almost anything around.but strength isnt everything to me personally.i cant really speak for the mns ssh personnally.the rivendell is dynamite and is direct decendent from nevil to mwaa and is a 10wker and 2g per easy(because of its nl5 and sk) as is the sour. just drastically different in taste look and buzz.there is no winner to me .i seriously like other strainsalso some of my freinds dont.
(fruity stuff like the jilly and the sour bubble)
just my opinion.
but i can promise you the haze is very real in nor cal and stands well against anything just different . ferrari vrs astin martin to me

R

rivendell

shroom i swear the riv shatter i tasted was truly the best tasting shit i evertasted as was the jillybean wax i had this yr at the co ht cup..i agree!!!
different stroke fo different folks and i know the rivendell makes apearances in la for sure at a cple clubs.
peace

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Nope my haze came from Santa Cruz Direct. Traded some stinky skunk seeds for them. I don`t think they liked the strain much cause Sam got them given to him (Sam the skunk man) But hey Sam is a f#@king prick who ratted on some friends of mine to the Feds to save his sorry ass! Also not sure how Serious came about getting ahold of my original AK-47 except one of the guys living up the hill from me may have took them along with some of the other genetics that went missing at Sacred Seeds about the same time. I`ve grown his AK-47 out and there isn`t any doubt that it`s my strain, although slightly corrupted.

soserthc1

soserthc1

@markscastle this sounds like the spot that neville s seeds came from thru Sam . These guys would be the creators of haze a and c (in Santa Cruz ) then . Neville would be the one that grew those ( would this be the haze brothers )??
Only 7 seeds germinated for Neville in mid 80s

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Nope my haze came from Santa Cruz Direct. Traded some stinky skunk seeds for them. I don`t think they liked the strain much cause Sam got them given to him (Sam the skunk man) But hey Sam is a f#@king prick who ratted on some friends of mine to the Feds to save his sorry ass! Also not sure how Serious came about getting ahold of my original AK-47 except one of the guys living up the hill from me may have took them along with some of the other genetics that went missing at Sacred Seeds about the same time. I`ve grown his AK-47 out and there isn`t any doubt that it`s my strain, although slightly corrupted.
Are you saying serious stole ak-47 from you??

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
@markscastle this sounds like the spot that neville s seeds came from thru Sam . These guys would be the creators of haze a and c (in Santa Cruz ) then . Neville would be the one that grew those ( would this be the haze brothers )??
Only 7 seeds germinated for Neville in mid 80s

Yes , well two Haze Brothers and a cousin.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Vended in The Berkley Barb back in the day and through the Sacred Seeds Catalog. I`m not saying Serious took my strain, just saying they never gave me any credit for the strain. I developed it. By the time they acquired the strain it was out their anyway. I only made beer money off of it at best. I just think I should have been mentioned as the breeder of the original AK-47 strain is all. This is not the first time this has happened and won`t likely be the last.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Vended in The Berkley Barb back in the day and through the Sacred Seeds Catalog. I`m not saying Serious took my strain, just saying they never gave me any credit for the strain. I developed it. By the time they acquired the strain it was out their anyway. I only made beer money off of it at best. I just think I should have been mentioned as the breeder of the original AK-47 strain is all. This is not the first time this has happened and won`t likely be the last.
I totally understand! Well congrats man that was the first strain I ever grew and I thank you! Wouldn't be where I'm at today without it! Bitch would grow donkey dicks is the flood and drain tables with large sticky calx.. That slap you In the face high make ya sweat.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Oh and this reminds me, I can kind of relate... I grew some white dog few years back right before the first Colorado HT cup, friends of mine had a dispensary and they asked if I had anything cup worthy...they bought weed I grew entered it in the cup and took 2 nd in the highbrid cup. These guys acted as if they grew it! Told me well we bought it from you.

william76

william76

I managed to get some original super silver haze f3s,neville schoenmakkers was the original breeder of ssh.iv found a keeper from them ,shes all that.76

Latest posts

Top Bottom