staggered Harvest?

• Thread starter flybynyt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flybynyt

I am about to harvest my Cheese crop, but am thinking of cutting off the tops that are ready to go, and then letting the smaller buds that didn't get as much light continue. Has anybody tried this? Is it worth the trouble?
Thank you.
'
flybynyt

T

thcnology

"No"....do you have any further information you'd like to add Pussy?

flybynyt, now to answer your question,... it might be. I will do it from time to time if the plant is a rather large bush 4+elbs cropped, and the lower blooms aren't quite fully developed, and of course if time and weather permits. MOF, I'm about to do the same thing to a monster C99, so good luck!

P

poutpup07

i have had good results using this method with plants that have only had their tops trained by supercropping and then tying down the cola only on the last supercropping making sure a nice elbow is made in the process. but this is also very plant sensitive and you have to look at your plants and decide if there is anything to gain by doing it. just my pennys worth.
pout

S

spinkus

Yes, it's worth the trouble when i've done it. I sometimes have a mother bush on the side-lighting in the bloom room. Whenever the tops are done and mature around 70 days, I cut them and leave the bottom buds that look paler and under developed. In 7-14 days those are usually alot more mature and ready for pickin'. Not quite as good as the tops, but thats why I go SOG.

Also it's not really any more trouble, just give it molasses water and sit it on the perimeter and let her finish, who wants to smoke pale pre-mature pot?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Sometimes the lower bud's can use another week or 2 and this will help them fatten up a bit and get them to look more loke mature bud instead trash we use for cooking or making hash:flower

M

moggggys

yeah , i do it with cheese all the time , its all down to my own stupidity in growing them too dam big for the lights so at harvest i simply lose the top say 4 foot and allow the rest to have 2-3 more weeks , they fattern up a bit but not that much really , if you get lucky they may foxtail at which point it was well worth the it , generally speaking you would do alot better to train the plants to maximise the use of light so you then dont need to chop twice

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Your 100% right Moggggys , Lsting the plants gets alot of those bottom sites full:flower

M

moggggys

the economics also should be looked at ,,, ok i was going to edit but thought sod it , post it up

cheese can be cut at 8 weeks happly enough ( 10s better mind ) so to allow an extra 2-3 weeks over you could in effect be losing a whole cycle of a crop if looked at over a year , for the cost of elec its not really a financial incentive to allow the base the extra time thats needed , also looking at it to be in a position to need to allow 2 cuts at it means the plants over size compared to whats needed , im a big fan of lollipoping myself also , this is where a plant is grown to a hight then all the lower grow sites removed ( but not the fans ) , then another week or 3 is allowed of veg to enable the top to become a flat canapy , its then flowered , because of this theres no popcorn bud and the potential energys wasted on shitty popcorn are now forced into the top of the plant making even better yeilds ,this is well worth doing

phew

Cloner 0044
Cloner 0022
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah thats the problem I run into that extra 2 weeks can kill ya over a years time

S

spinkus

Yeah I understand that point totally, but I have a little extra room I just slide'em over to the perimeter and let them finish. But if you had to do ALL of them an extra 2 weeks I don't I would worry about it. I'd move the next crop in.

R

ReconMan

I take the tops off of my God Bud and the bottom ones fatten up in about two weeks and only slightly less THC content. Well worth it if you have a tall Sativa...hell I do it with my Indica. Maybe if you were growing 2 foot plants then it wouldn't be worth it, but who does that?

Bigoutdoor

Bigoutdoor

No? Seriously though? Absolutely go ahead and do what you gotta do bro, I have done it again and again with nothing but good results.

T

Tbc

I've had nearly 50 %more yeild for another 2 weeks time .but flush two weeks before you cut top buds then put back on flowering nutes you will be glad you did then when the lower buds are big bout 2 weeks then flush for 2 weeks so 4 weeks more really sorry bout that but fefo worth doing on some grows

kaydeeze

kaydeeze

I am about to harvest my Cheese crop, but am thinking of cutting off the tops that are ready to go, and then letting the smaller buds that didn't get as much light continue. Has anybody tried this? Is it worth the trouble?
Thank you.
'
flybynyt

hi my friend , ive been lolly popping/lst/hst monster cropping for years and only had a bad experiance when i stripped a sativa leaning critical haze far too much in one sitting and she never got fat buds after that but ' all in all great sucsess when i chop all the main colas and strip the fan leaf from the lower bud sites...atleast a 30% increases in yeild for the extra 10/14 days.
i dont flush because i drip feed 4x per day to 30%runoff so when it comes to feeding in the period of the first initial chop of the big colas ' the ppm is usualy around 500/600 and i continue with this ppm for the ladt 10 days or so then 2days of plain water 50% runoff DONE!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
No it isn't worth it. The amount of time vs the amount of extra yield you will be getting you are prob going to shave 1 grow you can have in that space a year. Better off to have plants vegged out and ready to put in. Now if its just 1 plant or something in a cab and you don't have a veg space sure why not.

Top Bottom