Staggered lighting?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
It's good to be on the farm!
I wanted to share this lighting arrangement I use in my show.
I'm certainly am no newby to farming, as I've been growing since to 70's. Started outdoors but eventually moved indoors in the 80's when HID's became the norm.
Soo,,, as the years flew by and tech got much better quality and yields soared.
I retired the 1000 watters for the new 600's and discovered Guala's Light Rail system in '99.
Then about 15 years ago I purchased a pair of Sun Systems Magnum XXXL 6 reflectors and use them till today.

Now this is what this thread is about, when I changed over to the 600 HPS setup, on the light rail, I was pleased that I was able to get the lights closer to the canopy and with the addition of light diffusers from Sun System was able to get an additional 6" closer yet!
Now the 600's seemed to be lost in the huge reflectors I run so this is what i came up with.
I added an additional socket perpendicular to the stock socket and installed 400 watt MH bulb to each reflector. This did give me back the 1000 watt per reflector I started with but now a full spectrum of light.
Later the 600 watt MH conversion bulbs became available so now I'm running 1200 watts per reflector in tandem in my grow on the mover.
In flower I run HPS bulbs 12 hours but stagger the MH's. I run 1 3 1/2 hours then switch to the other one for 3 1/2 hours.
I really do enjoy large yields from my setup.
This is my present setup and I've ran 4 grows with the 4 - 600's with great success.
The mover, the diffusers and the 600's get awesome penetration.
I'm 4 weeks from my Skunk #1 harvest and expect to be very happy again.

Dunk

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I kind of do something similar but I use a single 1000 watt on a rail and moving across the canopy with main lighting being leds

every plant gets about 2-3 hours of HPS per 12 hours.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
My thinking is along these lines of the fall sky.
The HPS bulbs are on for the full 12 hours, sunrise to sunset of fall red light.
The MH bulbs come on during the middle of the day, blue light to fill fall spectrum.
Sure seems to work well and my plants respond great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom