Stainless Steel CVault Boveda Humidity Controlled Storage Container

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Anything Stainless Steel or Glass will do. Just don't throw your stuff (good or bad) in plastic... I go glass because of the size limitations the stainless stuff has- granted, I've never seen anything called the 'Mega'.

PB

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

They will over humidify your product if your not careful. It'll leave your product with that wet/not properly dried smell

I would still open and shake daily like with a normal cure

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

They will over humidify your product if your not careful. It'll leave your product with that wet/not properly dried smell

thanks for the heads up !

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've had 18 oz's (could prob fit another oz or 2 in it with no prob) in a mega for 3 days straight w/o opening and its PERFECT. I called and spoke with the owner who rec.'s letting your bud dry 10-14 days so theres almost NO moisture left and then place it in the container with the proper amount of packets. He sd to leave it in the CVault for 18-21 days and then it completely cured and ready. He did say you might want to burp it for a day after you take it out of the CVault . I bought these for more of a storage solution as I just cant keep up with boxes of jars stacked everywhere. I'm likin em so far but I could def see if you put your bud in like I normally would (when the stem snaps) theres still moisture in there, that coupled with the Bovita packets and I could def see the bud getting very moist. MGG

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I've had 18 oz's (could prob fit another oz or 2 in it with no prob) in a mega for 3 days straight w/o opening and its PERFECT. I called and spoke with the owner who rec.'s letting your bud dry 10-14 days so theres almost NO moisture left and then place it in the container with the proper amount of packets. He sd to leave it in the CVault for 18-21 days and then it completely cured and ready. He did say you might want to burp it for a day after you take it out of the CVault . I bought these for more of a storage solution as I just cant keep up with boxes of jars stacked everywhere. I'm likin em so far but I could def see if you put your bud in like I normally would (when the stem snaps) theres still moisture in there, that coupled with the Bovita packets and I could def see the bud getting very moist. MGG
They call for a month in a lot of their promo stuff. I'm sure your fine with 3 days

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I plan on leaving mine in for the 18-21 days the owner rec. to me...I've only had the mids in it for 3 days as of now though. MGG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At the Cup I ran into a couple of men who said they'd used it and they said you absolutely should be getting the bud crunchy dry before you put it in the vault. I asked if they'd ever observed any browning and they said that they'd seen the direct opposite, their bud was staying much greener, longer.

I can't say what that means in relation to quality, just bag appeal.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Way too humid I threw away the packs and just use the containers but mmm I got em in a trade

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Hmmm...I'm not seeing any humidity probs either way. I put the bud in super dry as directed and they are still dry. From what I was told over the course of 18-21 days the bud will be brought to a perfect 62% RH, at that time you can take the packets out and store them in an airtight container for future use, then use it as a storage container. I don't normally like to let me bud dry out as much as I did here but I can see why you'd need to. When I bought these I was under the impression they were JUST storage containers but after talking with the owner I can see it as both a curing and storage container. Still got a couple weeks to go so will be interesting to see how it ends up. MGG

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I wish the product luck but it's just a storage container to me.

ricogarion

ricogarion

I used these and still do for well over a year now, my buds thank me every toke!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Not using the cVault, I'm using 5 gallon buckets with air tight lids. I put two 62% packs in with a elbow and let them sit for 2 weeks....then I take out the boveda packs and burp one hour a day for two more weeks. I have thought about getting some of the 49% ones. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Top Bottom