Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Greetings kind peoples of the Farm. Today is week 8 day 1 of flower. I snipped some buds for a closer up look. I'm feeling that they are basically ready from here on out and it is now just matter of preference. Like the video @steamroller linked they may swell a bit more but will be slightly degrading from here, or at least soon from here. If anything I think the GRX x BBC and the Mimosa x Orange Punch are more done then the Blueberry or Blue Sunset Sherbert, and the Blueberry I don't mind it laying me/anyone the hell out as far as sedative/sleepy/couch-lock/1-hit/wait dude where's my car, etc etc but my biggest issue is I don't have a bunch of different places to dry. I mean I have plenty of space but none I can control the conditions of. I have 1-2 oz of the mimosa and GRCxBBC seemingly flawlessly dryin in a wine cellar on day 5-6 but there is no more room in it. I basically see no better option than to try to time it so I pull all 4 plants down at same time, and flip and dry in 4x4 they are in. I have best control of the lung room and tent in it and this is game time and I will need to work real hard to have a slow dry. I feel I am beginning to reach a state of Nirvana. Thoughts on these trichs por favor 🙏

Clockwise from bottom left

Group Photo

Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butter Cup

Blue Sunset Sherbert

Mimosa x Orange Punch

Blueberry

R

ritoMox

Greetings kind peoples of the Farm. Today is week 8 day 1 of flower. I snipped some buds for a closer up look. I'm feeling that they are basically ready from here on out and it is now just matter of preference. Like the video @steamroller linked they may swell a bit more but will be slightly degrading from here, or at least soon from here. If anything I think the GRX x BBC and the Mimosa x Orange Punch are more done then the Blueberry or Blue Sunset Sherbert, and the Blueberry I don't mind it laying me/anyone the hell out as far as sedative/sleepy/couch-lock/1-hit/wait dude where's my car, etc etc but my biggest issue is I don't have a bunch of different places to dry. I mean I have plenty of space but none I can control the conditions of. I have 1-2 oz of the mimosa and GRCxBBC seemingly flawlessly dryin in a wine cellar on day 5-6 but there is no more room in it. I basically see no better option than to try to time it so I pull all 4 plants down at same time, and flip and dry in 4x4 they are in. I have best control of the lung room and tent in it and this is game time and I will need to work real hard to have a slow dry. I feel I am beginning to reach a state of Nirvana. Thoughts on these trichs por favor 🙏

Group Photo
View attachment 1291896

View attachment 1291887

View attachment 1291889

Blue Sunset Sherbert

View attachment 1291890

View attachment 1291891

Mimosa x Orange Punch

View attachment 1291892

View attachment 1291893

Blueberry

View attachment 1291894

View attachment 1291895

View attachment 1291897
Looking great, bud! Unless you're growing for weight/size, there's no need to keep them putting on weight. My preference for when they start showing signs of ripening would be to end all food and drop DLI and temp to emulate approaching winter to stop growth and let them ripen up for harvest. For personal use, quality over quantity is the only way to fly! Still jelly😆✌️

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Looking great, bud! Unless you're growing for weight/size, there's no need to keep them putting on weight. My preference for when they start showing signs of ripening would be to end all food and drop DLI and temp to emulate approaching winter to stop growth and let them ripen up for harvest. For personal use, quality over quantity is the only way to fly! Still jelly😆✌️
Thanks much brotha and that is great advice. I had finnnnnaly been able to get my light to 100% and now am going to back it off cause I know you are right. I started water only for them maybe 5-6 days ago and I think you are totally right. Maybe this weekend it is time to end another chapter. I can't believe this is happening again 🤲🙏🙌 so stoked. 🖕 dispensaries frikkin h8te you 🤣

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

Hey

Nice post! It looks like we have quiet abit in common, I’m also on my second attempt first time soil and started around the same time, I’ve loved the soil this time it feels so much easier to maintain and is more forgiving in the PH.

I’m currently growing Barneys Farm Tropicana Banana, I’d like to know how you feel about their seeds, I’m on the fence as there’s a ton of mix reviews online about the company as a whole mostly negative but I had been searching for a new seed bank

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey

Nice post! It looks like we have quiet abit in common, I’m also on my second attempt first time soil and started around the same time, I’ve loved the soil this time it feels so much easier to maintain and is more forgiving in the PH.

I’m currently growing Barneys Farm Tropicana Banana, I’d like to know how you feel about their seeds, I’m on the fence as there’s a ton of mix reviews online about the company as a whole mostly negative but I had been searching for a new seed bank
Hey thanks much and that's awesome. Yeah totally agree and have loved this grow compared to my 1st that was in 5050 cocoperl with Advanced nutes then a switch to masterblend half way through flower cause ya know playing chemist is fun when you don't know what you are doing hah luckily crossed paths with people here who said there was another way.
As for Barney's Farm, I am new like you but I give them like a 6 or 7 tops overall. For me it takes 7 or 8 days to Arizona which I find great. I've seen many grows of BF strains online and all were fire. Personally I found the Barneys Farm Blue Sunset Sherbert hard to get to germ and lost I think 2 seeds out of 5. Also the BF mimosa x orange punch I also had 1 of I think 2 or 3 not germ. So success rate was a bit low compared to for instance the 7eastgenetics I got. You can just tell immediately the seeds are different but I don't know if it is because they are regs. I dropped 9 and lost 1 and it may have been my fault. If you are lookin for some places you can trust outside of here, check out BroTanicalGardens dot com and I'm sure many are lightning but if I were you and lookin to crack the herbal matrix look @ ethos, robinhood/square one, elev8, 3rd Coast Genetics, and Beleaf. I would be quite surprised if you got any of those and weren't blown into the next town. Shot like 3rd coasts Pure Michigan. Ethos Mandarin Cookies, Robin Hoods Wildberry Sherbert. Mann now you got me wantin to bean shop hah I want some square one Ocean Fruit 🤗

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

Hey thanks much and that's awesome. Yeah totally agree and have loved this grow compared to my 1st that was in 5050 cocoperl with Advanced nutes then a switch to masterblend half way through flower cause ya know playing chemist is fun when you don't know what you are doing hah luckily crossed paths with people here who said there was another way.
As for Barney's Farm, I am new like you but I give them like a 6 or 7 tops overall. For me it takes 7 or 8 days to Arizona which I find great. I've seen many grows of BF strains online and all were fire. Personally I found the Barneys Farm Blue Sunset Sherbert hard to get to germ and lost I think 2 seeds out of 5. Also the BF mimosa x orange punch I also had 1 of I think 2 or 3 not germ. So success rate was a bit low compared to for instance the 7eastgenetics I got. You can just tell immediately the seeds are different but I don't know if it is because they are regs. I dropped 9 and lost 1 and it may have been my fault. If you are lookin for some places you can trust outside of here, check out BroTanicalGardens dot com and I'm sure many are lightning but if I were you and lookin to crack the herbal matrix look @ ethos, robinhood/square one, elev8, 3rd Coast Genetics, and Beleaf. I would be quite surprised if you got any of those and weren't blown into the next town. Shot like 3rd coasts Pure Michigan. Ethos Mandarin Cookies, Robin Hoods Wildberry Sherbert. Mann now you got me wantin to bean shop hah I want some square one Ocean Fruit 🤗
i feel a 6-7 is fair for my experience also, i may have got lucky with germination rates as mine was slightly better than yours. My first time i don't think i had any fail to sprout, i grew 10 Runtz Muffin, popped 15, and had a variety of others due to their free seeds they give, i had 2 Tropicana Banana, 2 Lemon Tree and 2 Mimosa Evo, i had a high hermie rate first time round, this could of been due to it being a first run and environmental issues, after that run i really enjoyed the Tropicana Banana, its got amazing terps, its got a fruity-ness like no other strain i've come across id definitely recommend anything with Tropicana in the name if you enjoy a fruity strain and the TB with the kush kick from its Banana infusion made it a nice high. Now on my second run in the soil i can say that i definitely had better more consistent environment and have still ended up with herms, luckily this time i've caught them early as i learnt from my past mistakes it broke my heart last time when it went undetected until too late, this could be the nature of feminized seed, genetic or possibly still a rookie error, only more time and experience will tell.
I will definitely check out them banks, ill have to see if they ship to the my country i've tried before with a Californian based company, most US based companies won't ship outside the US/Canada. but it definitely seems the best place to get quality seeds alot of good innovation is happening in the states!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Group Photo
View attachment 1291896

View attachment 1291887

View attachment 1291889

Blue Sunset Sherbert

View attachment 1291890

View attachment 1291891

Mimosa x Orange Punch

View attachment 1291892

View attachment 1291893

Blueberry

View attachment 1291894

View attachment 1291895

View attachment 1291897
Killing it!!! Your gonna be one happy camper in a couple weeks after cure! You gonna do anything with the trim aside from edibles?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

i feel a 6-7 is fair for my experience also, i may have got lucky with germination rates as mine was slightly better than yours. My first time i don't think i had any fail to sprout, i grew 10 Runtz Muffin, popped 15, and had a variety of others due to their free seeds they give, i had 2 Tropicana Banana, 2 Lemon Tree and 2 Mimosa Evo, i had a high hermie rate first time round, this could of been due to it being a first run and environmental issues, after that run i really enjoyed the Tropicana Banana, its got amazing terps, its got a fruity-ness like no other strain i've come across id definitely recommend anything with Tropicana in the name if you enjoy a fruity strain and the TB with the kush kick from its Banana infusion made it a nice high. Now on my second run in the soil i can say that i definitely had better more consistent environment and have still ended up with herms, luckily this time i've caught them early as i learnt from my past mistakes it broke my heart last time when it went undetected until too late, this could be the nature of feminized seed, genetic or possibly still a rookie error, only more time and experience will tell.
I will definitely check out them banks, ill have to see if they ship to the my country i've tried before with a Californian based company, most US based companies won't ship outside the US/Canada. but it definitely seems the best place to get quality seeds alot of good innovation is happening in the states!
oh damnnnnn you are straight Barney's pro hah. The way you described that Tropicanna Banana pfft forgetabout it, I must have it. What did you think of the mimosa? The mimosa x orange punch I just grew was a wild one. I pulled more dead leaves from that plant then all 3 other strains x like 5. It was a fickle lady but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaym do I love the smell of straight champagne and OJ and she for sure was a top yielder. Actually think she would make for a great SCROG grow but I have no more beans of her.
ohhh you aren't in the US. Have you check seedsman for Greenhouse Seed Co strains? They are the Strain Hunters guys and @Zombierider turned me onto them. I love their backstory and if I can get this Dark Phoenix strain to wake up hah she might become a looker. Hey you going to/or have room to join the 1 plant scrog challenge with us?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Killing it!!! Your gonna be one happy camper in a couple weeks after cure! You gonna do anything with the trim aside from edibles?

Bro I may legit make a bed of trim and cocoon myself in it. Maybe the trichs soak into your skin 😆

I have been tryin to torture the ladies a bit lately and days ago I filled them all up with Ice and no water and let them think about it all day. Today I drilled holes through the stalks and turned light off so wont come back on. Sunday I will take them down after 48hr and play wet trim from hell part deux and start to dry. Another chapter comin to a close and thanks to @CannaGranny and my peeps here at the farm, this grow was a cakewalk.
PS. Sensei CG did NOT approve any sort of torturing of the ladies in any facet.

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

oh damnnnnn you are straight Barney's pro hah. The way you described that Tropicanna Banana pfft forgetabout it, I must have it. What did you think of the mimosa? The mimosa x orange punch I just grew was a wild one. I pulled more dead leaves from that plant then all 3 other strains x like 5. It was a fickle lady but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaym do I love the smell of straight champagne and OJ and she for sure was a top yielder. Actually think she would make for a great SCROG grow but I have no more beans of her.
ohhh you aren't in the US. Have you check seedsman for Greenhouse Seed Co strains? They are the Strain Hunters guys and @Zombierider turned me onto them. I love their backstory and if I can get this Dark Phoenix strain to wake up hah she might become a looker. Hey you going to/or have room to join the 1 plant scrog challenge with us?
I’m abit unsure if the mimo evo and mimo x Orange is the same or if they changed the genetics slightly but the evo was very similar mimo x Orange, I enjoyed the smoke but like you I found it a troublesome plant, I blamed myself at the time because I had afew different genetics on the go at the same time I saw it as having different needs to the rest I was on an auto feed system so they all got the same. I got a very low yield but again wasn’t the plants fault it didn’t have perfect conditions the bits I did get was very nice tight frosty buds I’d run it again as it was my favourite behind the tropi.

I’ll bookmark seedsman and have a read up about their backstory for sure.

One scrog challenge sounds like fun! I’ll have a search of the threads to find the rules I was planning on cutting my numbers down for the next spin was thinking afew more than one but I recently bought a 1.2x1.2m tent as a sick house for ones I thought could be potential hermies until confirmed and/or need abit of extra care that would be a lovely home for one huge lady. My normal grow space is 3mx2m I currently have 15TB in there

3C2E011F 7663 42E8 B463 953023A07B9F
9C3F4F49 A07B 495F 89A4 D5FF68269405
Zombierider

Zombierider

Bro I may legit make a bed of trim and cocoon myself in it. Maybe the trichs soak into your skin 😆

I have been tryin to torture the ladies a bit lately and days ago I filled them all up with Ice and no water and let them think about it all day. Today I drilled holes through the stalks and turned light off so wont come back on. Sunday I will take them down after 48hr and play wet trim from hell part deux and start to dry. Another chapter comin to a close and thanks to @CannaGranny and my peeps here at the farm, this grow was a cakewalk.
PS. Sensei CG did NOT approve any sort of torturing of the ladies in any facet.

View attachment 1292629

View attachment 1292628

View attachment 1292631
Bro that is a gorgeous canopy! I think your gonna def have more than 2 elbows in there bro, good job! And drilling holes in the stalk? Do tell...from where did you hear of such a thing? Looks like your gonna try and get maple syrup from your plants haha. Onwards to the harvest/dry!!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Bro that is a gorgeous canopy! I think your gonna def have more than 2 elbows in there bro, good job! And drilling holes in the stalk? Do tell...from where did you hear of such a thing? Looks like your gonna try and get maple syrup from your plants haha. Onwards to the harvest/dry!!
Yes yes I meant to ask the reasoning behind it too

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I’m abit unsure if the mimo evo and mimo x Orange is the same or if they changed the genetics slightly but the evo was very similar mimo x Orange, I enjoyed the smoke but like you I found it a troublesome plant, I blamed myself at the time because I had afew different genetics on the go at the same time I saw it as having different needs to the rest I was on an auto feed system so they all got the same. I got a very low yield but again wasn’t the plants fault it didn’t have perfect conditions the bits I did get was very nice tight frosty buds I’d run it again as it was my favourite behind the tropi.

I’ll bookmark seedsman and have a read up about their backstory for sure.

One scrog challenge sounds like fun! I’ll have a search of the threads to find the rules I was planning on cutting my numbers down for the next spin was thinking afew more than one but I recently bought a 1.2x1.2m tent as a sick house for ones I thought could be potential hermies until confirmed and/or need abit of extra care that would be a lovely home for one huge lady. My normal grow space is 3mx2m I currently have 15TB in there

Yeah the evo and mimo x op are in fact very similar. So that I don't trip over words. She was fickle for sure and not compact at all. She was the leggy runner from the get go and honestly I think would be a reall good SCROG strain. Real fast and vigorous growth but once she got in flower she seemed picky and often under the canopy there were strangely dead or dying leaves and no other girls really ever had them. I think BF makes some sick shit and I'm happy so far with Blue Sunset Sherbert and Mimosa x OP but I think we are really missing out on some other gen. I want something people talk about for decades.
oO yeah please do join us if at all possible. No rush and I think peeps will be jumpin in as they see the thread over time. This one HERE is to post your entry and this one HERE is for us to talk shit constantly. Good times already and some of us can't even get our beans to play nice hah. Hope you can squeeze an entry in

"The Mimosa evolution continues with this new explosive orange flavoured super compact sensation, behold another brand-new super strain from the lab at Barney’s Farm.
Ingeniously created by a further careful back crossing of our famous Orange Punch with the 2020 sensation Mimosa Evo.
This additional genetic infusion resulted in an astounding fast producer of gorgeous smelling bud; beta-caryophyllene, linalool and limonene terpenes create a sensational citrus-like, tangerine-candy sweet aroma. This crossing produced an extra compact plant compared to Mimosa Evo yet manages to maintain the staggering high production performance."

R

ritoMox

Here's a good video on it if you got a YouTube account that you can sign into: Link

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

ehh looks like a trainwreck to me but a stanky one for sure. 4 different strains in a 4x4 is tough imo. Especially for someone on their 2nd grow. I highly do not advise it and for sure won't do it again. It isn't just the growing part it is the dry/harvest part. I had to pull them down all together because I don't have multiple drying chambers. The only place I feel comfortable trying to dry in is the tent they are in right now. I am much more interested in 1 or 2 strain, 1-3 plant max per 4x4 grows from here on out. To hard to manage and becomes counterproductive for my set-up, at least for now?
Wow you see 2lbs in that pick? You craaaaaazy and if I get even 16oz I will jump for joy till no end as that was my only goal other than to enjoy the grow more.
Uhh the drilled hole is an attempt at illicit and unprovoked additional stress, coupled with 60 degree temps I was hoping would help increase terps/trichs. Will it work? Absolutely not but the placebo affect is awesome/off the chart 😆 and if anything I am finally getting back at the plants for makin me their slave for months. Can't see how it could do real harm and if anything may just slow uptake while they are in 48 dark before wet trim and back in same tent for dry. Right now that dang tent is 62/62 and I'm happy I'm gettin low temps but not likin the high RH and nothin can do about it. At least it should not get any higher. I've been smokin some early tester GRC x BBC and Mimosa x OP for a couple days. We did it 💪🤗 and peace out dispensary's ✌️🖕, gonna be a while or hopefully forNever that I see ya again. I am VERY happy so far and this is just the early plucked tester stuff that has been mini lotus dryin for 10 days. As long as drillin holes in stalks doesn't make plants disappear completely 😆 I'm going to be covered in trichs tomorrow. Hey if you haven't seen/tried this one OOOooo boy check it. Bottom line if you have a silicone kitchen baster for food, you can use it to knock off the trim if you have dried right. Literally save HOURS from having to trim with scissors and actually will work better. I am just trying it with mine and yup if you dry enough/right the silicon baster is a muuust have. Then I looked into it ans sure enough they sell a $2-3 items for $20+ -> HERE 😆

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yes yes I meant to ask the reasoning behind it too
although I have actually seen and read quite a bit about this type of stress late in flower, I am sure much may be bro science. I've seen stem-splitting late in flower and then zip ties to hold back together that actually makes sense to me considering when I have broken a branch it seems to grow back stronger. Worst that happens I made holes to hang them but 2 days early 😆

ninjadip

ninjadip

although I have actually seen and read quite a bit about this type of stress late in flower, I am sure much may be bro science. I've seen stem-splitting late in flower and then zip ties to hold back together that actually makes sense to me considering when I have broken a branch it seems to grow back stronger. Worst that happens I made holes to hang them but 2 days early 😆
Interesting...
Last grow I accidently snapped a branch in stretch training it and I just taped it up and that thing healed up to a huge knot! It was impressive

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Interesting...
Last grow I accidently snapped a branch in stretch training it and I just taped it up and that thing healed up to a huge knot! It was impressive
Watch this crazy mofo. Forward to 4:30ish and watch him jab a knive into each stalk to split and then insert pencils 😆Hard to argue with the flowers he has

Top Bottom