Started first grow

• Thread starter HydroPL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HydroPL

So i began my first grow two days ago, lil mary is poppin up fairly quick.
Im using a pc grow box and DWC setup.
Using General Hydroponics nutes.
Have yet to buy a pH measuring device.
Anyone with a similar setup I would love to get your input, some tips&tricks, all help appreciated!

Started first grow

M

Mercenary

Never feed your plants anything but Ph adjusted water....5.5-65.ph and make sure your grow box doesn't get to hot.

H

HydroPL

cool, thanks for that info
its been a week, lookin good, her buddy's startin to pop out
DSC 0485

DSC 0486

DSC 0488

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking nice - that hydroton looks H U G E

lol

you can get away with the cheapo GH ph test kit - its a small vial and some drops (reagent)

I been that one since the dawn of time

H

HydroPL

haha yeaa it is pretty huge for now, ill look into that!

heres a pic update
DSC 0534

DSC 0537

DSC 0538

DSC 0539

DSC 0540

S

shakey

looking good, have you added and fertilizer yet? they are growing like crazy

H

HydroPL

looking good, have you added and fertilizer yet? they are growing like crazy

Thanks! Yea, after many people telling me not to because its a very common way people kill their plants when theyre young, i decided to add some lol. Im using GH nutrients so i used their chart they have on their website and added a little less than they recommend. It seems to be doing just fine. and yea, they are growing like crazy haha! every day or two there is a new set of leaves =D

I

iamachavvy

Liking the progress!!

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing how these babys grow :banana1sv6:

S

smokestack23

Don't take this the wrong way...I just can't resist..it's TOO funny..

So what's the deal on the aluminum tape? Will they only sell it to you one length at a time? lmao

Get that shit covered-up man!

Looking good.
PEACE

H

HydroPL

Okay so heres a pic update and idk if its just me or do these leaves seem to be drooping??
are they supposed to look like this?

DSC 0548

DSC 0550

DSC 0551

DSC 0552

H

HydroPL

Don't take this the wrong way...I just can't resist..it's TOO funny..

So what's the deal on the aluminum tape? Will they only sell it to you one length at a time? lmao

Get that shit covered-up man!

Looking good.
PEACE

lolol! thats how i bought the case d00d, i was gonna fix it up a lil but didnt get to it :bong2: lol

D

dirtyjerm

what size lights are in your box...that stank is growing wicked fast subbed in

M

mr_up

standard sized fluorescent bulbs man
100w = 23w
have two sets (of four), one 2500k and one set 6500k

How do you fit eight bulbs in there? Can you post a pic of your lights?

Nice progress, those babies are growing fast!

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
that looks like over watering but in dwc its proly res temp use frozen liter bottles keep that res at 68 -70 degrees ( for a cheap temp on a res l ues a meat thermometer) and either cut them nutes in half or use the lucas forula the GH nutes line is way to strong by their schedule (but then again if i was selling it I would want you to use that much too lol) here check this out

http://lucasformula.com/

hay also i just learnd that if the salts out side the roots is higher than inside the plant will put out water through the roots to try and dilute the salts so if you added GH buy the schedule its proly that they look over watered when this happens

H

HydroPL

How do you fit eight bulbs in there? Can you post a pic of your lights?

Nice progress, those babies are growing fast!

not all eight at once, only four fit so right now i have one set for vegetation then ill switch them for flowering
DSC 0695

thanks!

that looks like over watering but in dwc its proly res temp use frozen liter bottles keep that res at 68 -70 degrees ( for a cheap temp on a res l ues a meat thermometer) and either cut them nutes in half or use the lucas forula the GH nutes line is way to strong by their schedule (but then again if i was selling it I would want you to use that much too lol) here check this out

http://lucasformula.com/

hay also i just learnd that if the salts out side the roots is higher than inside the plant will put out water through the roots to try and dilute the salts so if you added GH buy the schedule its proly that they look over watered when this happens

yea i didnt put the full dosage GH recommended, i did 1/2 then ill do 3/4 etc...
thanks for the help!

Top Bottom