Starting a 4x4 soon (lighting)

• Thread starter Growrx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

put it this way. im also in a 4x4.

thats the 1200W version.

I have the viparspectra 2000W version AND another 600w smaller one beside it. while it did do good, there was still TONS of room for improvement and potential in the tent. 4x4 is kinda big.

so I upgraded it significantly to the kingbrite 480W for $660CAD shipped off alibaba in my 4x4 and could almost squeeze even a second one in there im thinking!! its a solid light (and even some could say I cheaped out... but damn. $2000 for a light?? where do you draw the line? how high are your standards? how much of a perfectionist are you? how high are you?)

"enough coverage" is very hard to say, all depends what your standards are.

but if you look at the ppfd numbers of that light at the 4x4 square its pretty damn low.... it will grow buds though so....

lighting is EXPENSIVE but not only pays for itself in bud, but if that $1000 light doesnt pan out or whatever.. its worth $800 cash tonight on craigslist so you can always get most of your money back is the way I looked at justifying an expensive light. plus some wicked yields along the way. it just sucks to pay that initial cost.

I know its easier said than to go buy a $500 light but just some food for thought. my setup already cost me $1000+ so to cheap out $2-300 on the light just didnt make sense for me.

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I would get two smaller lights rather than one big one, there are lots of advantages like how you can aim the light at plants and you can lower and raise them individually for multiple plants, plus it's a little cheaper.

Growrx

Growrx

I would get two smaller lights rather than one big one, there are lots of advantages like how you can aim the light at plants and you can lower and raise them individually for multiple plants, plus it's a little cheaper.
Might opt to buying two of these then, figured two of the 2000W would give off too much heat, but I also plan to run an AC in my 4x4
Plant Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA Newest Dimmable 1200W LED Grow Light, with Daisy Chain, Dual Chips Full Spectrum LED Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower(10W LEDs 120Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081DSRKTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GJ6KFb77GCR39

JoryK

JoryK

Hi,
I’m finally starting to switch over to LED’s after using hid’s for over 25 years and have been doing a lot of research. From what I’ve found, I totally agree with you man. It’s more than worth it to spend the money for good lights.
Actually, after a hell of a lot of research over the last month or so I finally decided on lights for my new flower room. I ended up deciding to go with Green Sunshine Electric Sky es300’s. Now, they only do 2x4-2.5x5 each, but they also give you a 90 day money back guarantee! They have a great spectrum and promise thatwith their lightsyour crop willbe bigger as well as finish2 weeks faster!!!
They’re a little on the pricy side at $695 US each, but when you look at the prices of some lights out there, $1400 for killer lighting per 4x4 area isn’t too bad really. I have a 6.5x6.5x6.5flowering tent and ordered 6 of them for it as well as 4 of the Cali Lightworks UVB’s (one per 3x3 area). I can’t wait till they come in!
Has anyone else ever usedGreen Sunshine lights?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I bought a 600w viperspecta 2 cycle reflector series 3 years ago, never had 1 problem, they upgraded the model and lowerd the price to $150 delivered, if it was no good i would have not bought another to double my grow space, light is recommended for a 4×4 tent, cant argue the results.

Growrx

Growrx

Trying to make sure I have sufficient light in the 4x4 for veg and flower, I will be running AC as needed to keep temps right. Someone guide me in the right path I’m worried about too high temps, I tried running a ts600 in a 2x2 once and it got in the high 80’s without ac

CF89

CF89

Man am I glad I don’t got the heat problem. Opposite in Canada. It’s too cold. -11 today and feels like -19. Tent reaches 25c (77f) when light is on and 20c (67f) during night.

Top Bottom