starting a new winter grow

• Thread starter OGrower707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGrower707

whats up the farm fam, Im starting a new Indoor flower/veg room, its gonna be in an outdoor closet, the space is 5 by 5, im thinking 600hps air cooled, any suggestion or advice for my new indoor space.Mostly need to know about cfm venting and all that jazz..

P

ProGroWannabe

Need a bit more input from ya to make any specific recommendations like the height of the space, how many plants you plan to run, are the lights gonna be horizontal in air-cooled reflectors, or are they gonna be vertically hung, are you heating the space during lights-on or lights-off only, etc....

Give us some more info and plenty of folks will be able to help you.

O

OGrower707

the space is 6 ft high, and Im planning on running an air cooled 600 hps horizontally, I want to run just about 10 ladies, Im making this room just to grow different varities of og kush, so it is kinda like a test room to find the ultimate og pheno, I havent made any plans for heating when the ladies are asleep, but Im used to growing GH or OD, so I just would appreciate some good input from the farmers,....thanks guys

P

ProGroWannabe

There is a calculator here for fan size--I think it's in the FAQ section. That should get ya on the right track for ventilation.

Just to take a guess, I'd say to cool that hood and scrub through a filter, you'll want a 6" inline such as a Vortex, Elicient, or Can fan. Is noise an issue? If so, you may want to avoid the Can fans.

O

OGrower707

yup, 6' was what I was thinking, I would like to have very little noise through the room, because indoor isnt my primary method, Im hoping that growing these ogs in this indoor 5 by 5 setup will be a success at a reasonable budget

P

ProGroWannabe

From what I've heard, the Elicients are some of the quietest---but still powerful--inlines out there.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I'm all about durability. Vortex warranties their fans for 10 years. I had to get a speed control for my 6 in., and on medium speed it's as quiet as my much less powerful 265cfm dayton blower. BTW, I'm cooling a 1000w HPS in a 4x4 tent, in a cool/cold basement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom