Starting from scratch

• Thread starter Coyol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coyol

Hey all!
I'm a scandinavian guy, been smoking a while, and I thought it's time to start growing abit.
I hope you don't mind me posting here, (just delete the post if it's not cool :tongueout ).

So as I mentioned, I'm all new to growing, and I need some resources so I can start without having to find everything out for myself.

Is there anything you can recommend? Books, online sources? I'm happy for anything!

Coyol!

sky high

sky high

Use the search feature and read all of the "stickies" here on the Farm.

Youtube vids

Google

read, read, read.

good luck

s h

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes Sky is right, read and practice is ur best friends. Here's a thread with some MJ ebook to download for free.
Marijuana E-books Collection!

C

Coyol

Thanks both. Yes I know google is good an all, but as I don't know much about growing as it is, I wouldn't know if what I read had good sources. But I will do as you say.
(Especially thanks for the book link, just what I needed).

M

mellokitty

1. choose a space.
2. evaluate that space. (square footage, height, fresh air availability, and stealth potential are some of the things you should be considering right off the bat)
3. do your research with some of the factors about your space in mind - this will help keep you from exploring unnecessarily difficult and/or impossible set-up options, and the viable options are streamlined much easier. you don't want to be growing a stinky sativa in a 2-ft-tall space in a shed that butts up against your neighbour's property (or spending a bunch of energy and $ trying to make it work only to realise that you can't); that sort of thing. this forum here is a wealth of case studies; if you keep reading you'll notice trends like people complaining of similar problems with specific strains/systems/nutrients/etc. people are going to have good and bad things to say about *everything*, my own rule of thumb is to steer clear of methods whose failure repeatedly drives people to gibbering rage. for instance, you don't want to grow Cherry (a bud-rot-susceptible strain) in a high-humidity zone, and "it didn't seem to do much" is a waaaay better recommendation IMO than "it killed everything and i'm going to firebomb the company that makes it."

and remember: it's a weed and it *wants to grow. we just have to help it. happy diggin' ;)

K

k2_farmer

hi everyone new too the site ,

i recommend Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible without a doubt the best book out there!

T

thicknthin

K.I.S.S. ... the best advise i got when i started looking and asking questions... the local grow store guy asked me if i remembered what K.I.S.S. means... it hit me when i got home and was online looking at some of the complicated mazes of ducting and pvc... Keep It Simple Stoopid... :D at least until you get the hang of it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom