starting lights

• Thread starter hongkong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hongkong

hows it going everyone? hope you're all well. just had a quick question about starting off. in the past ive started with flourescents and moved my way up. but i recently did a dry run and found the temp in my room to be quite adequate. the 1000w mh i have is hung about 5 feet from the ground at the moment and i was wondering if it would be alright to start the seeds off under this tremendous light. responses are appreciated - stay up - hongkong

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
sure it would work but, if you have the flouro's I would use them for seedlings as they minimize stretch, tighten internodal spacing etc.

jj

S

Stackin Paper

sure it would work but, if you have the flouro's I would use them for seedlings as they minimize stretch, tighten internodal spacing etc.

jj

Yeah and you wouldn't be wasting electricity, 1000w is overkill for seedlings, just get some fluoros like JJ suggested

H

herby

I would go with the T5 flouros. More expensive but definitely worth the extra money. In fact you could veg totally in these lights and switch over to the 1000w for flowering.

Top Bottom