Starting my 2nd indoor grow

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Hey guys,I usually do outdoor grows. I'm starting my 2nd indoor grow ever. Technically 3rd if you count a DJ short blueberry grow I did yrs ago that my cat destroyed before harvest,lol. Last yr.being a 1st yr indoor grower I wasnt prepared at all. Seeds came late cuz of flu,I didn't have proper nutes,& didn't have soil tester. This yr I wanna do better. I'd like to point out that my indoor grow is technically an indoor/outdoor since it's in garage,garage isnt well insulated,& I live in northeastern US so temp. is still a lil bit of a factor. I'll be growing with same soil as last yr.(fox farm ocean mix),3 gal.fabric pots,& GH flora duo a & b nutes. The light is 250w.hps & strain is strawberry cough. I got the cough specifically for PTSD so this grow is strictly for personal so I'm going for quality. Its says the cough like 75-85°f so I'm gonna have to wait a lil bit for it to warm up outside. Never owned soil tester kit so not sure if theirs specific one I should buy. Didn't have temp gauge so I'll be buying one so I can see exactly how much warmer garage is than outside. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Especially about maybe when I should start this since it like warm temps. Also tips for cleaning this fabric pots to make sure no bacteria plz.

Last edited:
XxHammer

XxHammer

Never even thought of that. Being that it's only one 250w hps light that shouldn't add too much to bill running 24/7 right?

Nah. I am currently running a 315W CMH Light and Intake Fan 18 hours a day and exhaust fan 24 hours a day... This results in about an extra 1.00$ in electric per day. I am fortunate to have one of these little boxes that break down my daily/ hourly use.

So about 30-40$ a month for my Grow energy consumption. For a 3x3 Tent with 1 Light, Intake, Exhaust, and Humidifier.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Nah. I am currently running a 315W CMH Light and Intake Fan 18 hours a day and exhaust fan 24 hours a day... This results in about an extra 1.00$ in electric per day. I am fortunate to have one of these little boxes that break down my daily/ hourly use.

So about 30-40$ a month for my Grow energy consumption. For a 3x3 Tent with 1 Light, Intake, Exhaust, and Humidifier.
Nice! Its not the bill I was so much worried about as it is the spike since cannabis isnt legal where I live but that's hardly nothing so I'm sure I'll be fine.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah, for a small grow there will not be some crazy spike in energy consumption.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Nice! Its not the bill I was so much worried about as it is the spike since cannabis isnt legal where I live but that's hardly nothing so I'm sure I'll be fine.
They don't look at electric use anymore. And if they did you'd need to be using near 10k per month of electricity in a residential house b4 they'd notice you that way.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

They don't look at electric use anymore. And if they did you'd need to be using near 10k per month of electricity in a residential house b4 they'd notice you that way.
Yeah,I figured as much. They're worried about big grows. Actually last yr. I had some indoor & outdoor & I was staking up some buds on my outdoor plants & a cop came rolling up the gas well road next to my house. I know he seen the plants,there was no missing them. He looked right at me & kept rolling. I almost had a heart attack,lol.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Is there a particular soil kit & pH adjuster you guys recommend? This will be my 1st time dealing with pH so something that's maybe easy to use but effective?

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

You can just leave the light on 24/7 until it warms up.
Is 24/7 gonna be enuff? Like I said it's in my garage which isnt well insulated so might as well be outdoor. I doubt the garage raises temps much higher than outside. And I read that 250 watt hps only raises temps 5° max. Is that gonna be enuff? The lows right now are in as low as mid 30s & this strain is used to tropical temps. I have hearing mat for seed germination. Maybe that might help a little too. Do you think I should wait till temp lows get to mid 50s at least?

Top Bottom