Starting my first coco coir grow, any tips? 😁

• Thread starter Blittzed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blittzed

Blittzed

Hey guys!

I’ve made the switch from promix potting soil and the general hydroponics floranova trio to a 70% coconut coir 30% perlite mix in 5gal fabric pots 😋
I picked up the cannacoco part a & b line along with rhizotonic and cannazym. I’ll get the boost and the pk 13/14 if all goes well 🤞 Looking for any tips! I’m gone from home around 10 hours a day and I have heard that coco requires a lot of watering and maintenance which is okay, I’m sure it’ll just be much of a change from my previous grows in 3 gal fabric pots with the flora nova series. If anyone cares to share their feed schedule for cannacoco if they use it that would be wonderful to have something to go off of.
Thanks for your time 😜

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm only on my first coco grow right now so I don't know a lot about it but from what I've heard, you're supposed to use smaller pots than when using soil. Even with huge plants, I think 5 gallons is too much.

coherent

coherent

I think 3 gal is about right. Not much benefit with 5 gal. You will use more water and nutes each watering, but on a positive note the larger the pot/container, the longer between watering. Depending on your plants size, you can likely get by with once a day. Just depends on plant size, temps, humidity etc.

4plant

4plant

Why did you switch? I went from promix to rockwool kinda skipped the coco but have heard good things.
your plants may show a P deficiency because of the coco. Are you under leds? Coco plus led lights seem to cause alot of funky looking plants and mis-diagnosed deficiencies.
try to incorporate a product like recharge or mammoth p.

Phdaddywolf

Phdaddywolf

Why did you switch? I went from promix to rockwool kinda skipped the coco but have heard good things.
your plants may show a P deficiency because of the coco. Are you under leds? Coco plus led lights seem to cause alot of funky looking plants and mis-diagnosed deficiencies.

I had problems with deficiencies using cheap nutes, calmag sometimes helped, but by mid flower they were yellowing and I couldn't figure out why. I switched to house and garden and I have beautiful plants that show barely any signs of yellowing even after a week flush.

Pippins

Pippins

Read Aqua Man's thread in the Coco forum. Also the cocoforcannabis website. I had major issues early on with my first coco grow but it has mostly turned around, still having some mag deficiencies but at least the plants are growing like crazy. Just don't treat coco like soil with how you water it-never give it plain water, and after the first couple of weeks you'll need to feed it at least once per day, then twice per day in late veg. In bloom you can increase the # of feedings even more. A lower EC feed more frequently seems to do better than a higher ec fed less often.

Phdaddywolf

Phdaddywolf

I would highly recommend some sort of auto feed system. I've been using the autopot system and it's great, make sure your nutes are well mixed or the lines will clog, although I stopped having clogged line issues with H&G's drip clean. Personally I'm about to swap to ebb/flow buckets with rockwool.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Read Aqua Man's thread in the Coco forum. Also the cocoforcannabis website. I had major issues early on with my first coco grow but it has mostly turned around, still having some mag deficiencies but at least the plants are growing like crazy. Just don't treat coco like soil with how you water it-never give it plain water, and after the first couple of weeks you'll need to feed it at least once per day, then twice per day in late veg. In bloom you can increase the # of feedings even more. A lower EC feed more frequently seems to do better than a higher ec fed less often.
+1 I was going to mention the same two resources.

Blittzed

Blittzed

No specific reason, I’ve seen some pretty amazing plants come from coco and I really wanted to give it a try.

Blittzed

Blittzed

Could you link me the resource please? I am having an awful hard time navigating the forums😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom