Starting Seedlings

• Thread starter Guerilrow421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erick31876

Erick31876

If your only using it to start seedlings, i would just get a cheap t5 florescent light or a few cfl's since youll only be using it for seedlings, i start mine with cfl's and never had a problem. And i dont thinl you will need an exhaust fan for smell reasons. They usually don't start smelling until they are well into veg.

G

Guerilrow421

If your only using it to start seedlings, i would just get a cheap t5 florescent light or a few cfl's since youll only be using it for seedlings, i start mine with cfl's and never had a problem. And i dont thinl you will need an exhaust fan for smell reasons. They usually don't start smelling until they are well into veg.
I already bought it months ago not for growing reasons and I was curious that this would do the work and thanks for the advice

Fangthane

Fangthane

If most of your growing will be outdoors, I guess you probably won't really need to know a whole lot about lighting, but I'll just point out a couple of issues with the lamp you're looking at.
New Bitmap Image

Light color and wattage are probably the most useful and damning information provided. For the first stage of growth - the vegetative phase - 2700 Kelvin color temperature isn't very ideal. While it would "veg" a plant to some degree, it's far too high in red spectra to be an ideal vegging light. Something in the 5000+ Kelvin range would have the more blue spectra that are more optimal for vegetative growth. Also, you'll want to pay attention to wattage. 3 watts seems like it would be effectively useless for anything that wasn't extremely small and basically in physical contact with the light.

G

Guerilrow421

If most of your growing will be outdoors, I guess you probably won't really need to know a whole lot about lighting, but I'll just point out a couple of issues with the lamp you're looking at.
View attachment 853246

Light color and wattage are probably the most useful and damning information provided. For the first stage of growth - the vegetative phase - 2700 Kelvin color temperature isn't very ideal. While it would "veg" a plant to some degree, it's far too high in red spectra to be an ideal vegging light. Something in the 5000+ Kelvin range would have the more blue spectra that are more optimal for vegetative growth. Also, you'll want to pay attention to wattage. 3 watts seems like it would be effectively useless for anything that wasn't extremely small and basically in physical contact with the light.
Thanks Dude it's really helped!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I definitely recommend just a regular incandescent light bulb or two over this mini led reading lamp. How many seeds?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Then, yes, any regular 60 watt incandescent would be a better choice than the tiny led.
As others have said, using T5 florescent bulbs is a preferred method of seedling growing. Be sure that you learn about matching indoor lighting time to outdoor time before planting outdoors.

Top Bottom