Starting seeds outside in pots?

• Thread starter Dizz1e
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizz1e

Dizz1e

Hi everyone!

I was planning on my first outdoor grow this year. I've got 8 Feminized seeds and a couple unknowns. I was planning on germinating in paper towels, but my question is: After the seeds have germinated is it OK to put them into a pot full of Jiffy™ organic seedling starting mix (50% Sphagnum Peat Moss/50% Vermiculite) and left outside for the first couple weeks (since starting indoors isn't really an option) before transplanting them into their final resting place at my guerrilla grow site. The climate is South-Eastern PA, Philadelphia would be the closest city. Will the germinated seeds do well starting outside in pots in the current climate and sun light? I'm not worried about animals as I will have them protected by chicken wire and they aren't really in a high traffic area for wildlife.

Thanks for any advice or tips!!!

PHEN

PHEN

Mine Did!

What up Dizz1e, I'm still a newbie myself, but I germed mine in paper towels and planted them outside in 4 inch square pots. I used a recipe I read from The Rev, it was 1 part soil, 1 part compost, 1 part earthworm castings, and 1 part 50/50 mix of vermiculite/perlite. I used Roots Organics soil and I couldn't get any fresh compost, but I had a little bit of some byodynamic compost(really dense stuff) that I tossed in too, not at the same ratio as above tho. It worked for me, all my babies sprouted and are lookin good, most are bag seed from different nugs since I'm still a newb, but I at least had to pop one of the Apollo 13 BX I got stashed for later use :evilgrin0021:, hope its a female. I don't know how your wheather is tho, I'm more down south. I guess give it a try tho, their meant to be outside anyway naturally:sun2:, Good luck. Peace. :smoke

C

chickenn

starting seeds outside is great. nothing works like the sun and wind. quarantine them fuckers for a few days, and inspect closely when you bring them in.

you could bring a fucking nightmare from the yard to inside.....but it does work well. just check em good before tossing them in your inside grow or flower room.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do it. If you're worried about them freezing, don't. In fact, I think the east coast is having much warmer weather than we've been having out here. Yesterday I woke up and we'd had yet another freeze.

Main thing to remember is that growth doesn't really progress when it's too cold.

southstreets

southstreets

im all for plantin outside!!! it helps weed out the weak, hardens the plants( that helps if some cold weather comes early) , and helps the plants acclamate to the weather alot sooner than starting them indoors and movin them outside..

N

nor cali farmer

just put a shit load of plants out for the outside grow. weather is great 75 to 80 with a little rain. the sun just bring out the best of them. seeds explode outdoors. looking for 2010 to be a bumper crop. well good luck to ya all and be safe. and don't forget to vote no on the oakster bill.

Dizz1e

Dizz1e

Thanks for all the help and reassurance. And to clear up any confusion I am starting the seeds outside in pots but then transplanting them in the ground outside at another location (near a local river preserve) that is safer for full grown plants.

As for the weather, I highly doubt it will get to a freezing temperature again, I was just worried that the low of 48 degree nights might be to much for a little seedling, although it seems to get warmer everyday.

Top Bottom