Starting to notice leaf tip burn

• Thread starter Streetflash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Streetflash

Streetflash

Hey all. I'm a new grower. This is my first plant and it's doing well but I'm not sure if this tip burn is going to become a problem, so I want to get on it before it does. I first noticed it yesterday. And it seems to be about the same today, so far. I'm growing great white shark auto, in soil. I started feeding them about 2 weeks ago with advanced nutrients ph perfect. Started off with .25ml/L, but quickly moved it up to .3ml/L. I've been giving only 500ml of RO water for these feeds, with the exception of the most recent, which was doubled to 1L. I also started lst by tieing down the top a few days ago. The tip burn is only on a few leaves, maybe 6 of them. It's mostly at the bottom of the plant, but not limited to that area, there are a few up top also. to Should I skip the nutrients for the next feed? Flush? I saw a video on youtube explaining that just a little tip burn is perfect because it's the limit of what the plant can handle, although they didn't go in depth on this matter. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Starting to notice leaf tip burn
Starting to notice leaf tip burn 2
Starting to notice leaf tip burn 3
Streetflash

Streetflash

Slight nute burn is nothing to worry about. Now you know how much that plant will take, feed-wise.
Thanks for your reply. So when you find out how much nutruents a plant can take, will that ever change? Should I keep it at this level through it's entire life, or should I try to raise it when it enters flower?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Nute strength will change as they get older and then stabilise. AN has a decent nutrient calculator, just dial back the base nutes though as their formula often runs hot.

I mostly grew indoors in RDWC, with a few outdoor ProMix grows. For the ProMix i followed a feed, feed, water regimen. Others here with more experience can say if this holds true for doil too.

Have you considered AN's Iguana Juice base recipe?

Streetflash

Streetflash

Nute strength will change as they get older and then stabilise. AN has a decent nutrient calculator, just dial back the base nutes though as their formula often runs hot.

I mostly grew indoors in RDWC, with a few outdoor ProMix grows. For the ProMix i followed a feed, feed, water regimen. Others here with more experience can say if this holds true for doil too.

Have you considered AN's Iguana Juice base recipe?

Thanks, I will try the feed, feed, water regimen. Since I started nutes I've been using them everytime I water, which is every 3 days. So next water I won't feed.

There are so many products out there, it's overwhelming. Even advanced nutrients has a lot of different nutrient products and I don't understand why to choose one over the other. I just kinda picked one that was suggested. What's the iguana juice base recipe?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Iguana Juice is a one part organic base from Advanced Nutrients.

In my opinion, for the first few grows, concentrate on seeing how your plants react to the base that you've chosen (adding CalMag if you're using RO water). Once you feel confident in how things are going start to gradually add in more products; that way if you have a problem it's easier to diagnose the cause and remedy.

Here's a link to their nutrient calculator, it allows you to look at many of the pre-made recipe options possible with their products. As you'll see, for many of their base options once you get to the Bloom stage you can gradually add in supplemental products as you're ability to get the results you want increases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom