Starting up

• Thread starter trees4meAndU4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

trees4meAndU4free

My First post:

Hi I am completly new to growing. I live in Tennessee and I currently smoke 1/2 a Z a week and my biz partner smokes the other half The current situation is as follows:
I'm not as young a I once was.
I have to work 60 hours a week.
I will smoke till the day I die.
I pay $450.00 a Zip for Crap.
I am reasonably intellegent.
I want to start growing so my needs of a OZ a week are met
I need your help.

Where do I start I am willing to learn and I just need a mentor.
It could be you all you need is to be

I hope this is a good place to start.

Thanks!!!

Hererisssh Replied:

Welcome to the farm trees4meAndU4free

This shouldn't be that hard to do. Lots of folks come in to growing think they'll harvest pounds a month off the bat with minimal invest, never happens like that. First suggestion is post your intentions in the Basic Indoor Growing forum so more people can see it and respond. Second thing is space and budget.

You'll have to give us an idea of what you're working with with respect to both of these things before you can get honest answers that will really help. Go post it up bro and we'll work on it!

So Here I am!!!!

I have a house so I can grow in the garage or i have a 4' by 4' closet in the master bedroom but I use it for the components for my plasma tv so I would rather use the garage I am willing to build in the garage and I do not park in there but I think it may get to cold during the winter and to hot during the summer.
I have money to commit but i am looking for the most cost effective way to get about 1 to 2 zips a week for ever:clapping but i would like to get away cheap because i am planning on building a cutting edge high end space when I build my next house in 3 years but i wanna get some years under my belt so i will be a ready to grow nice nice then :)

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Best I can figure is you and your partner are spending $1800 a month for some low grade smoke. You can build one heck of a system in just a few months worth of smoke my friend.

Looking back since I started growing indoors the one single biggest most costly mistake I made was not getting the best equipment up front. I went cheap then found out it was not the best and upgraded, now I have a shop full of expensive useless equipment. The equipment is mobile, it can travel in 3 years with you to your new home. Buy the best up front and you will not be sorry.

jj

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You want a 4-6 plant perpetual garden to do this. You should research some different 8 week flowering strains from the seeds sold here, you need 15 posts to buy. The breeders do their best to include estimated (usually optimistic) flowering times with each strain. Find one or two you like.

The best way to yield predictable amounts is with clones. Find a good 8 week plant by running the seeds you buy, then clone that plant, and start the clones to flower at 2 week increments. By the time the fifth plant is ready for flower you harvest the first. 2 ounces per plant would be 1 ounce a week.

I'll have at the basics here about the best location. First is security. Outbuildings and garages can be key places to be discovered or robbed. Second, you'll need to provide the most stable possible environmental conditions to yield well. So strongly take that into consideration when determining the spaces available.
You'll need to have two basic systems running to achieve what you're after: A Vegetative System and a Flowering System.

Read through some of the and ask about anything thats unclear.

:yes

D

dkmonk

I would advise growing in a spare bedroom, or if you have an extra bathroom that would work too. You could also just build a cabinet or use a emptied out fridge. The garage idea is okay if your not close to anybody (country), but if not your likely to be found, and like you said it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter so you would need a good way to heat and cool it, plus the smell that might seep out into the street.

Hope this helps,

dkmonk

T

trees4meAndU4free

What type of system should I start with?
I have seeds.
how will i clone when the time comes?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
If you're just starting and have some money to spend investigate Coco as a growing medium. Yields can be almost as good as hydro without such a learning curve. You still use pots and can hand water just like any standard houseplant.

You'll need:
Coco from a grow shop
A digital PH Meter
Nutrients (Canna or Botanicare are my faves)

None of this stuff is cheap but it's also easy to do. You can start in soil but a lot more can go wrong and that makes diagnosing problems much more difficult.

Got a hydro store in your area?

T

trees4meAndU4free

If you're just starting and have some money to spend investigate Coco as a growing medium. Yields can be almost as good as hydro without such a learning curve. You still use pots and can hand water just like any standard houseplant.

You'll need:
Coco from a grow shop
A digital PH Meter
Nutrients (Canna or Botanicare are my faves)

None of this stuff is cheap but it's also easy to do. You can start in soil but a lot more can go wrong and that makes diagnosing problems much more difficult.

Got a hydro store in your area?

I do have one downtown I saw a setup for sale on ebay with the rubermade tubs and such and I decided to build it myself and it never took off but i have rockwool cubes 2 big bags of those dry ball shaped stones a bunch of large pots a water pump but i am willing to do whatever it takes. I keep going through this sight and many others to find a muse to guide me I have wasted my share of $$$ on failed grows so now I am giving it one more shot I'm not worried about cheap as much as i'm worried about the time I put in accually yeilding something.

The long and short of it is this: I am tired of getting ripped off on inferior product and tired of haveing to drive 20 mins for that ripoff...plus I am from the classic free trees culture and I would like to grow something I can call my own and share with my friends.

And thanks to all that reply especially hererisssh you have all been helpful and nice!:handshake

G

greyfx

I was born and raised in TN lol. I moved when I turned 18. Good bud can be hard to find in TN and especially paying 400 an oreo holy shit. Hopefully you can start growing man because noone should have to pay that insane price.

Also you said your paying 400 an oreo for crap weed, like regs with seeds and stems?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
400's been standard issue around here (Northeast US) for a long time. Newer hyped stuff will go 500 easy. It's ridiculous fosho.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
trees: I'd go with hand watered plants in coco in standard pots under a 600 watt HPS lamp. Full hydro setups are too picky for someone just starting out.

If you need more direct help let us know. :yes

D

drpressure600

good hands is right . .

you are indeed in good hands, good luck . .

D

drpressure600

What type of system should I start with?
I have seeds.
how will i clone when the time comes?

i wouldn't be worrying bout cloning until you've the seeds sowed & in the prob correctly, clonings a bit away yet from what you want to get out of the way 1st, put your pics up . .

T

trees4meAndU4free

I was born and raised in TN lol. I moved when I turned 18. Good bud can be hard to find in TN and especially paying 400 an oreo holy shit. Hopefully you can start growing man because noone should have to pay that insane price.

Also you said your paying 400 an oreo for crap weed, like regs with seeds and stems?

no no there are 3 kinds of trees in my world good (anything in high times) crap= anything that is over prices i.e. something worth $275-$300 for $400-$500 a zip and dirt = everything from middies on down the line:nod

F

FastForward

Watch a few of the well known videos that are out there (on YouTube) - it was The Green Man's "I Grow Chronic" that finally convinced me that I need to be growing rather than spending £300-£400 a month on weed. Even if you don't use the growing methods that he does (dripping for veg, flood and drain for flower) it's a very well thought out video, explains setup/room design very well, and will give you plenty of ideas on how to find and modify a space that works for your situation.

Personally I'm growing in tents, but if you're a handy carpenter it's easy to build you own.

There's way more experienced and better advice already given, but definitely check out a vid or two. Also, coco is the winner....wish I'd gone straight to coco when I started, would have saved me some time....

Top Bottom