Starting with 12/12

• Thread starter Ganjalover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ganjalover

A question or two for growers who have done this before.
I have some feminesed seeds I want to plant under 12/12 light.
What I want to know is how far appart should they be planted and what yield to expect.
The seeds I have are:
Dutch Passion Oasis
Nirvana Snow White
Green House Big Bang

Thanking you in advance

F

FastForward

What I want to know is how far appart should they be planted and what yield to expect.

That's a 'how long is a piece of string' type question unfortunately. It depends on a number of factors, including:

- pot size
- light intensity (and wavelength)
- air circulation
- nutrient schedule
- genetics

...and the list goes on and on and on and on...

From what I've read, most people should be able to get 0.5g per watt - hope that gives you some kind of an idea. In real terms, you should be able to get an oz or off small plant, 5 off a medium one, and 10 of a fucking huge tree of a plant :)

G

Grower

Indica don't do so well with a 12/12 start, end up very short with not much bud, especially if using clones, But Sativas are a different ball game all together, Ideal for 12/12 starts! I recommend a good 1 or 2 weeks veg before putting to flower with an Indica dom.

G

Ganjalover

Sorry, a bit shy with details
Ive got 25 seeds.
Im planning to start them in jiffys and then into 3" rockwool blocks and after the roots show on the bottom of the blocks I will place them on a 1m2 flood and drain table under 600hps being fed Canna Hydro nutes

H

Husbandnwife420

think u shuld atleast gro (veg) them 4 atleast 2weeks depending on what the strain is its solely up 2 u depens if wour gunna S.O.G. them F.I.M S.c.R.o.G. LOLLYPOP EM TOP EM LOOP EM SCREEN EM U COULD FILL IT WITH 1 PLANT IF U WANTED posabiletys endless soly depends on the ind-grower u know :yes do some resurch youd b amazed:nerd

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

Sorry, a bit shy with details
Ive got 25 seeds.
Im planning to start them in jiffys and then into 3" rockwool blocks and after the roots show on the bottom of the blocks I will place them on a 1m2 flood and drain table under 600hps being fed Canna Hydro nutes

Thats no probs, you can put them straight into flower after they show roots

Legacy420

Legacy420

Id would give an indica at least 1-2 weeks of veg time. just start to flower them when they are at50% of your total grow space.

G

Ganjalover

For some unexplained reason I decided to go for Low Ryder #2s
Started with 40 seeds, 32 germinated, after taking out all males and mutants I ended up with 10 decent looking females.
Germinated seeds under 18hr light for 5 days untill roots showed through 3" blocks, then flicked to 12/12 under 400hps in flood & drain
Looking good so far

100 5320
100 5330
100 5343
100 5340
100 5341
F

FastForward

The LR#2's LOVE 20/4 light....you'll get seriously diminished output if you don't. I always grow LR#2 as my backup atm. My first two came out 2oz each and they had a good slice of 20/4 in their lives. My current two are the same height but a fraction of the bud, both in size and quality, and have been in traditional 12/12 for most of their lives. Do 20/4 the whole way and they'll give you so much love back again...

edit: did you do a seed run first or buy 40 seeds? seems like a really expensive way to do it with selective culling

G

Ganjalover

Hey FF
Unfortunately they are in a flowering tent with some other varieties so I cant do anything about the light schedule.
I got these originaly to grow outdoors in the summer, but last summer was shit and didnt get a chance to plant them out.
And they didnt cost that much as my local growshop had a bit of a clear out and got rid of their seed stock quite cheap

S

Stackin Paper

So how these gettin on bro,

that tent must be packed by now?

F

FastForward

GL - if you can, move them around between flower and veg tents to maximise the light they get? They're really not fussy as to light cycle switching (or at least mine haven't been stressed doing it). From what I've read CFLs and 12/12 will lead to diminished yield and longer flowering times. Oh yeah, and totally ignore the 60-70 from seed BS - it's more like 70-75 for mostly to all cloudy, and 75-80+ for ambers ime.

C

cell

Do 20/4 the whole way and they'll give you so much love back again...

Interesting..

So thats 4 hours of darkness? So the plant conditions its synthesis based on minimal lighting, therefore increasing an overall yield from a kind of stress?

F

FastForward

I've no idea on the mechanics of it - but the JointDoctor himself recommends 20/4, and every single successful grow diary I read ran 20/4. When I ran 20/4 I had amazing results (read: 2oz colas on two 2ft plants) but now I'm running 12/12 under HPS (same limitations as GL) I've got really REALLY shit results. The waterfarm one is respectable for a normal LR2, but nothing like my first two. The coco one is appalling....tiny buds...all leaf....might be genetics but still, way way way off the others.

I think the 4 hours of darkness relates to the period of darkness that all ganja needs. I've been doing 24/0 vegging since I started, but I've read that plants need the darkness and go a little nuts if they don't get sleep. In truth I've not seen anything, other than it takes a bit longer to bloom from flicking...but it seems that the LR2's really benefit from it in particular. I also think 24/0 is better than 18/6 or 12/12 for autos....but mine outgrew the veg room, otherwise they'd be on 24/0....

C

cell

This is really interesting. I am reading into this now, perhaps time for some changes!

Thanks for sharing FF!

G

Ganjalover

Took these photos this morning
10 females from 40 seeds in small flood & drain system
Being fed leftover slops from other tank

100 5366
100 5367
100 5368
S

Stackin Paper

Ouch, 10 outta 40, bet you wished you'd bought fems's with the money now.

G

Ganjalover

And I only started these thinking I would harvest before Christmas but it dont look like it now

C

cell

Hey ganjalover..those aren't very good germination rates. I've had the same problem before so don't feel so bad. If you don't mind, where did you order these from?

Top Bottom