stealth box and need some answers on smell..

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

bought a 2ft- 8 bulb t5 lighting system. going to build a box around it. its approx 2'x2' square. so here are my questions.. gonna have passive intake but wondering how i should do the air outtake. i dont want it smelling up the place so do they have tiny carbon filters for microgrows? or should i use a p.c far for the out and put some sort of filter outside of the box? also.. whats a decent height for the box? i plan on doing some training of some sort or cuttings but i dont want the box to be too short or too tall. if i start flowering the plants at 12 inches high then how much more will they grow during flower? and if anyone has designs for a good box.. please send them to me.. want to do alot of research before i build..

T

The Wiz

From my experience I would recommend using a 4" computer fan for outtake. I bought one online that was ready for AC power so I didn't have to fumble with the wires and risk making a mistake. I have a 9"x3" rectangle for passive intake and they seem to work well together.

For smell, you can either decide to spend more money and make a mini carbon filter system with ducting attached to your outtake hole leading to a carbon filter system on top of your grow box which pulls the air through and recirculates it either outside or back into your box, or do what I do and buy some Ona blocks and make an "Ona Bucket". This of course depends on how many plants you will have and how stinky your genetics are.

In mid-late flowering right now, I have 2 small Ona blocks in my growroom along with some other cheaper odor-absorbing imitation products I bought at a department store. The smell is virtually non-existent even with my growroom opened up for 12 hours. All I can smell is citrus and fresh linen and I harvest in 2-3 weeks!

Not sure if it's frowned upon to post links to other forums, but I found this DIY to be very helpful for the Ona Bucket, and everyone on this forum seemed to have great experiences with it:

During flowering, my sativa dominant stretched 2-3 times it's vegatative height, but my indica only stretched about 1.5 times her vegetative height.

Let us know how it goes constructing your box, I wish I had spent more time in the "planning stage" for my Rubbermaid setup on the Micro Grow page, but luckily I had some help from forums and friends!

Peace,

The Wiz

C

cbooker

I tend to agree wit the wiz but will add that for limited funds you could add a mini ionizer jr. about 100$. I used a carbon filter in the micro grow venting into a "ona" bucket I built myself and it was very affective....until I would open the doors.

mikeb437

mikeb437

hey wiz.. heres the link to my box thread,, hope you like..

Latest posts

Top Bottom