Stem death, what happened here...

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's an interesting photo, usually if the stem gets bent, it heals. I'm not 100% sure that's what happened here, but I think so. But I figured it would recover, as it wasn't broken in any way that I could see.

I think it got bent at the root end of the necrosis.

Stem death what happened here
Stem death what happened here 2
Stem death what happened here 3
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Looks like mould. Damp off I’d guess. What are you using to start them?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Damping off. It’s from a fungus in the soil. Get new dirt or cook what you’re using in the oven around 200f long enough to heat it through to at least 160f.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I'm afraid your correct on this one unfortunately. I've been having general problems with vigor and leaf color since taking down the grow awhile back and bagged up a bunch of the containers during that time. Also, I've been occasionally getting my water from the dehumid unit, so that could also be a source of the offending microbe.

It's always been an issue here, no doubt, but it's been exceptionally cool and damp lately, and sometimes I can get the other microbes to put it in check, so I"m going to take that approach first, by using some of this foxfarms root drench, I'll even make a foliar from it and get everything coated well.

I top dressed with some stuff out of my worm bin and gave everything a dose of root doctor.

The others look fine for now, but it's probably just a matter of time before problems get worse.

Capture
IMG 20210302 194927546
Last edited:
Top Bottom