Stem Stress Techniques pre Flower

• Thread starter IanTerpie.FattyRootsFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IanTerpie.FattyRootsFarm

IanTerpie.FattyRootsFarm

Hi guys, I used to work for a seed company that had me 'bruising' or 'squeezing' the stem just under the main nodes around the second week of flower.. apparently this stress technique is meant to accelerate the production of the bud sites and in turn produce bigger buds. Is there any truth in this? ✌

R

redshift75

You can believe whatever you want to believe. There is lots of benefits to training and both hst and lst its all about reading the plants in my opinion. No one plant is the same for me. I let my plants tell me what they need. But i do bend the heck out of them getting trained is just part of their lifecycle with me. does it give bigger buds id say no. Training does and helping development. But That is kind of like super cropping goal is to snap the stem so it heals itself and makes itself stronger.

I would say there are benefits for one reason or another. But most broad attribution to the techniques is bro science. With most techniques, there is more chance of getting it wrong than right. Getting anything wrong only makes it harder. Only makes buds smaller. Id say most training techniques have to do with opening them up more than potential hormone flushes from stress techniques.

I heard an old timer here say it best "if any one of these techniques was guaranteed to make bud better we wouldn't be asking if we should try it cause it would just become how to do it".

Latest posts

Top Bottom