Steppa's uc madness

• Thread starter DMsteppa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DMsteppa

Been working real hard over the past y
ear. Got a nice room with 4 Uc 24xxl13's, under 24 k hps. Air cooled lights in rows of 8 coiled with 12" max fans.5 tons of ac. Plugging dutch master gold nutes this is my first time with a uc but I have had great success with dwc. Pics to follow.

D

DMsteppa

NO chillers. We got a pretty coool spot and winter should be no problems..... also running all sterile so thats a bonus..... give me a min on tha pics

D

DMsteppa

well it was a rough start, but things eventually got raging. here are pics from the first two weeks of veg.

ucd1.jpg

ucb1.jpg

ucc1.jpg

uca1.jpg

E

el boyo

hot damn son!! what strains ya running in there? looks toight in there.. nice work

D

DMsteppa

so after we got things raging, then they really started to explode.
2116.jpg

strains are skywalker og, jack flash and pimpslap og.

as follows

sky
2214.jpg

jack flash

2412.jpg

and pimp slap og

2314.jpg

D

DMsteppa

trellis's went in earlier this week, gotta snap some shots of it today.

started flower 2 days ago, gonna let everything stretch just to where I want it and hit it all with a lil bushmaster spray.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

This is how every dispensiary should grow their product. I love it. Big erection.

You guys have it right except for the lack of chillers. Too much to risk, plus I'm betting bigger yields with water in the 60s. I'd beg the boss, it's your paycheck on the line.

Bring on the buds!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

quick ???

DM.....looking pretty dialed in.

Just wondering why with all the time, money and resources you've spent to date why you wouldn't institute a chiller?

If you're running your room temps at proper levels (74-78F) then that will most likely be your water temps. Which undoubtedly won't kill your plants but will definitely limit root proliferation.....and potentially lend towards root issues. At very least the chilled water seems to aid in essential oil development and ripening. IMO

In the event your running CO2 and temps at (80-85F) then you'll really have issues. The only way you could have proper root temps would be to run your room in the 60's which is obviously not an option given it will dramatically slow plant metabolism.

That said, it's clear you're an experienced grower....just curious why you'd roll the dice on root health on such a grand scale?

It would be interesting to see you run one system chilled and the others not to see if there was any notable difference.

Aside from this question on the chilling, all I've got to say is "your set up looks amazing brother, keep fugging rocking it" :)

D

DMsteppa

heres the better question. why would a so callled complete setup that costs 15k not come with a fucking chiller. IF it is so necesarry then I would expect cch2o to include the things in the cost. Originally they were advertised to not need a chiller and that you could rock those warm temps and still kill it.

It gets cold here. We are actually heating the rest of the space surrounding these rooms. Not really to concerned when the ambient temps are in the 40's a lot of the next few months.

C

Casper

Clean and professional looking grow room. Props to you, good luck!!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
NICE setup and welcome to the farm btw as well

killer shots too man, that first one is perfectly centered lol

another good addition to the UC forum for sure

peace

D

DMsteppa

Thanks everyone. And as far as the great chiller debate. Already a week into flower so.....next run.

I can follow the logic that it is not optimal but by no means do I think a chiller is required

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Reality Check on Isle 2

heres the better question. why would a so callled complete setup that costs 15k not come with a fucking chiller. IF it is so necesarry then I would expect cch2o to include the things in the cost. Originally they were advertised to not need a chiller and that you could rock those warm temps and still kill it.

It gets cold here. We are actually heating the rest of the space surrounding these rooms. Not really to concerned when the ambient temps are in the 40's a lot of the next few months.

Funny response DM.

Please point me to where it was originally advertised not to need a chiller.....and as far as including a chiller, really? And there isn't a $15,000 UC set up......yet ;)

No offense, but it looks like you haven't been paying very close attention to the growers killing it with their UC's....point me to a rocking UC grow that there isn't a chiller being used, few and far between at best.

Sounds like you need to study up on water culture a little, it could save you lots of headaches.

My advice, get a chiller for one of your systems and you be the judge. Plants aren't destined to die without a chiller but they're certainly more likely to thrive with one. Not trying to be a dick, just being real.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Im a broke ass grower with a small 6xl CC system and I have a chiller..LOL :dance

Top Bottom