Still growing since Feb 4th?

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

My two autos first showed Feb 4th, messed about and overfed, flushed and they kick started growing but I have no idea whats going on with them,

The first pic is the first auto, its criwn in a conical shape (,strain is supposed to be "The easy one"??

When i part the little buds its chaos leading onto the main stem, very moist but need advice how to deal with it,

The 2nd is supposed ti be the same strain BUT this has grown in a different shape, smells different plus I really dont have much smell inside my tent??

First 7 photos are Plant 1

Still growing since feb 4th
Still growing since feb 4th 2
Still growing since feb 4th 3
Still growing since feb 4th 4
Still growing since feb 4th 5
Still growing since feb 4th 6
Still growing since feb 4th 7
Still growing since feb 4th 8
Still growing since feb 4th 9
Still growing since feb 4th 10
Still growing since feb 4th 11
Still growing since feb 4th 12
Still growing since feb 4th 13
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For good answers post all grow info. Nutes, lights, environment, genetics.

At a glance i think maybe too hot and way too much nutes. I have never seen flowers look that way.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things look good, although I'm not sure I understand your concerns "inside the bud". Plants are a cross between two parents, with the parents having a few different parents s well. Seeds take a somewhat random sample of DNA and when they grow, they can be a little different between plants. This is why Landrace strains are desirable, as they have very little variation between offspring. I normally don't mess with buds as they grow... I don't know if it hurts them but I find that the less I mess with them the better things tend to go. With auto's, there isn't much you can do, and your plant looks pretty good. It is getting close to being finished... the longer it finishes the better the taste and heft seems to be. Keep up the good work.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
For good answers post all grow info. Nutes, lights, environment, genetics.

At a glance i think maybe too hot and way too much nutes. I have never seen flowers look that way.
I think that is a classic case of Foxtailing, although I just assumed it was a characteristic of the strain... I've never seen or smoked an auto with my own eyes (or lungs), so I'm not familiar with all of the specifics. I also attributed it to it being examined. The plant might actually be past it's peak now that I look at the photos more closely. The pointy tips and odd growth I have sometimes seen on my own plants if I let them finish too long. I don't let them progress beyond when they start to grow funny, like the Foxtailed one has, but the 2nd one also seems to be getting the pointy buds... which was always a sign that I used to indicate that the plant was finished.
I'm guessing that I might have been wrong with my initial thought that the plant has a little longer to go, based on Foxtailing and the funny looking bud tips. Perhaps someone else with more/better experience with Auto's can chime in.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think that is a classic case of Foxtailing, although I just assumed it was a characteristic of the strain... I've never seen or smoked an auto with my own eyes (or lungs), so I'm not familiar with all of the specifics. I also attributed it to it being examined. The plant might actually be past it's peak now that I look at the photos more closely. The pointy tips and odd growth I have sometimes seen on my own plants if I let them finish too long. I don't let them progress beyond when they start to grow funny, like the Foxtailed one has, but the 2nd one also seems to be getting the pointy buds... which was always a sign that I used to indicate that the plant was finished.
I'm guessing that I might have been wrong with my initial thought that the plant has a little longer to go, based on Foxtailing and the funny looking bud tips. Perhaps someone else with more/better experience with Auto's can chime in.

Autos grow just like photo plants. All the “special” care needed is just myth. The only difference is they flower on an internal timing rather than photo sensitive.

I think there is a ton of overgrowth from over fertilizing and maybe a hot not properly ventilated room.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

What can I do to salvage her? Any ideas, the grow rooms 22-25°, 40-50% Rh,

I flushed her and started again, she took really well, both actualy and theyve just stalled and the bud wont fill out and I cant just grow them both to death

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What can I do to salvage her? Any ideas, the grow rooms 22-25°, 40-50% Rh,

I flushed her and started again, she took really well, both actualy and theyve just stalled and the bud wont fill out and I cant just grow them both to death
There is no salvaging an Autogrowing strain once they have flowered. That is the nature of their life cycle...they grow and after a certain time period, they start to flower, regardless of photoperiod. They will continue to flower until they reach full maturity, at which time they will start to produce unusual looking stunted growth and usually stop growing. They can't be re-vegged and will sort of fade away after a while. Auto strains don't exist in nature and are a result of selective breeding between different species of Cannabis plants. They have become true annuals, unlike the photo varieties which can usually be re-vegged after flowering.
Autos were created to grow and flower without any intervention, and they work. The downside is that once they do it, they are done. You only recourse is to plant again... either an auto or a photo. Photos allow you to make seeds and take clones, something much harder to do with Autos, if possible at all.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would likely harvest and start a new plant. I think it is beyond ripe and just overgrowing new crap.

CannabisJack

CannabisJack

My two autos first showed Feb 4th, messed about and overfed, flushed and they kick started growing but I have no idea whats going on with them,

The first pic is the first auto, its criwn in a conical shape (,strain is supposed to be "The easy one"??

When i part the little buds its chaos leading onto the main stem, very moist but need advice how to deal with it,

The 2nd is supposed ti be the same strain BUT this has grown in a different shape, smells different plus I really dont have much smell inside my tent??

First 7 photos are Plant 1
Looks like stress and lots of it. Looks to be pretty late into flowering. I would let it do it’s thing, harvest, and start fresh.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

So just carry on with feeding water and would you fertz once a week,

What should she do? This is only my first time with Autos and I dont know what to expect, infact its my 2nd and 3rd plants grown so im not experienced at all, i understand about the trichomes and the colours etc but I just dont know when to harvest (they've been growing for so long im at a loss, I just seem to be watering and keeping her alive, shes just not flowering properly, the buds arent filling on either plant,

Now Ive also got a 6 week old Auto thats grown like mad and its getting too tall for the tent lol and has a main stem rudiculously thick for 6 weeks, she's as tall as a bathroom sink, must be 130 cm's🤔, shitting what to do with her, im making growing not an enjoyable experience for me as Im getting no reward (apart from experience which is fantastic) it makes me anxious as Im frustrated I think😕 and want to get it right so badly,

Top Bottom