Still not 100% on how to tell

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

looks like yours..
Yeah, I found another couple,
The 2nd one look very very similar, even with the foxtails and that's advertising the seeds,

I've attached a growing description regarding when she's ready to harvest and it talks about "Blackholes" and it "Glistens with White Crystals and Black Resin??", now I'm confused I don't see any dark spots and black resin??

Lr lsd 25 fastbuds semfbs01f9006 semfbs03f9006 semfbs05f9006 semfbs10f9006 14
Bg 86432f4f64ed4eb6bfca23c0b2af7dd8
Screenshot 20200411 213752 Chrome
Last edited:
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I DON'T think it is light burn, as only the leaves are affected. Light burn is an actual burn, and the leaves get crispy. LEDs tend to bleach the leaves when they get too much light, but it isn't a thermal burn. I've never used any type of finish product, and in my opinion, you won't get much more growth at all. The plant is pulling the last of it's reserves out of the larger leaves, which is why they yellow and die. Think of an Oak tree in the fall. Once the leaves start to die, there is no bringing them back as the tree has put all of it's energies into making acorns... and the leaves all turn colors as the tree does the same thing as cannabis. Obviously this is only a rough comparison, but the general idea is the same. Once you lose the green colors, most of the growing is over.
Thanks for your reply, it's a very good analogy and explains it well

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

The colors ARE nice! At the end of flowering, photosynthesis slows to a crawl and the plant uses it's reserves... as it does, the chlorophyll that was responsible for the photosynthesis breaks down and the colors in the plant and bud that were hidden by the chlorophyll's green color, start to show thru. Many strains will have a lot of purples in them, especially if it is a little chilly at the end of flowering. The colors might develop a little more, but I don't think it's going to grow much anymore. A lot of folks confuse the leaf die-off with nutrient issues, but in my experience, the yellowing of fan leaves is pretty normal. If you aren't seeing it, then it can be a sign of too much nitrogen. A plant is done when it is done, regardless of what the breeder says. You did a good job and it's about ready. You can let it go for a few weeks, but won't see much more out of it and probably won't have any leaves. Most of my plants die off if you let them finish flowering totally... they don't re-vegg sometimes.
Thanks for that, very informative, makes total sense so I'm going to start to flush her next watering on Tuesday or can I just run water through her now?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks for that, very informative, makes total sense so I'm going to start to flush her next watering on Tuesday or can I just run water through her now?
I'm not sure what you mean by "just water thru" as opposed to a flush... aren't they about the same? I would suspend nutrients at this point if it is done growing. If you want to flush it, I consider it unnecessary unless you are using a ton of nutrients (and even then doubtful that it helps), but by all means flush it... it isn't going to hurt anything at this late stage of the game. You have some nice looking buds, so be careful when you dry them to avoid drying to rapidly or allowing to get moldy. Cooler temps and lower humidity work well for me (I actually dry mine in a refrigerator... I can't believe how easy it is compared to regular drying, and foolproof!) with a little bit of air circulation. You done good, kid!

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I'm not sure what you mean by "just water thru" as opposed to a flush... aren't they about the same? I would suspend nutrients at this point if it is done growing. If you want to flush it, I consider it unnecessary unless you are using a ton of nutrients (and even then doubtful that it helps), but by all means flush it... it isn't going to hurt anything at this late stage of the game. You have some nice looking buds, so be careful when you dry them to avoid drying to rapidly or allowing to get moldy. Cooler temps and lower humidity work well for me (I actually dry mine in a refrigerator... I can't believe how easy it is compared to regular drying, and foolproof!) with a little bit of air circulation. You done good, kid!
In your fridge? Interesting, do you just lay them in it?,

Sorry, my flush question didnt make sense, I mean do I only run clear water through her everytime she needs feeding or every day for a week, not sure if I'm going to flush, reading the 50/50 great flush debate lol!!!

I've got a "Wedryer", I find it's great but dry REALLY quickly, so I'm unsure about using it again,

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I'm thinking of chopping her today, she seems to be there, also not sure I should be getting the bud sprouting what I've circled, so that's making my decision to chop her,

Am I wrong any suggestions ???

20200414 124157
20200414 124129
20200414 123749
20200414 123305
20200414 123628
20200414 123250
20200414 123257
Pappahybrid42

Pappahybrid42

The hairs are still mostly white but i can tell its getting there i say 2 more weeks. If you have a scope if they are all milky tri homes go ahead and other wise it will be in mature

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Take 'em down! On a somewhat related topic, I was looking at seed offerings on the site. I saw a couple of "Big Bud" plants that had large and wide buds. If the pictures they provided are real, the buds are big because they are highly foxtailed, which makes for a large and flat-ish bud that is nearly as wide as it is tall... but not as thick or round. Could the foxtail trait be being exploited to produce "big buds"? Hmmmmm.....

Pappahybrid42

Pappahybrid42

All of my strains at some point foxtail but it's the calyxes that hold the THC. Always watch the trichomes

Dan789

Dan789

I'm thinking of chopping her today, she seems to be there, also not sure I should be getting the bud sprouting what I've circled, so that's making my decision to chop her,

Am I wrong any suggestions ???
Nice looking buds, I’d say chop...

Top Bottom