Stingin Nettle As Only Fertilizer

• Thread starter Fuckinup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fuckinup

So i was wondering if it's possible to only use stinging nettles as only fertilizer in a outside grow? (Here's a bit context: )

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
only thing to be cognizant of is the higher than most nutes iron levels. plants don't need a huge amount of iron, tho they need some. But the article didn't break out how much iron is in the nettle mix.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i ferment comfrey and nettle together,smell like shit but the soil loves it hahahah,not as the only feed for the plants ,soil life hot ass sunlight and a lot of pampering ,im down to 2 outside gardens,1 container garden on top and 1 down the hill,the one down hill only gets the comfrey and nettle about once month,250 gal tank with 5 gal of the mix
top container garden has been loving the KNF ferments i feed it

F

Fuckinup

i ferment comfrey and nettle together,smell like shit but the soil loves it hahahah,not as the only feed for the plants ,soil life hot ass sunlight and a lot of pampering ,im down to 2 outside gardens,1 container garden on top and 1 down the hill,the one down hill only gets the comfrey and nettle about once month,250 gal tank with 5 gal of the mix
top container garden has been loving the KNF ferments i feed it[Thanks /QUOTE]
Thanks for the answer! What type of feed should i complement my schedule?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I'm assuming this is a $0 budget or locally sourced inputs grow?

I've used grass, nettle, comfrey and urine teas in veg. The problem becomes a phosphorus source in flower. You could buy some high phosphorus bat guano. If you are a DIY kind of person, you could make your own bone char for that phosphorus bump that you will need for any kind of yield.

F

Fuckinup

I'm assuming this is a $0 budget or locally sourced inputs grow?

I've used grass, nettle, comfrey and urine teas in veg. The problem becomes a phosphorus source in flower. You could buy some high phosphorus bat guano. If you are a DIY kind of person, you could make your own bone char for that phosphorus bump that you will need for any kind of yield.
Firstly thanks for the answer It's really helped a lot! And not really I'm just a cheap person lol, I was thinking about a biobizz lightmix + diy fertilizers/bat guano (guerilla grow).

B

Burned Haze

I love making stinging nettle tea,mint with black , jasmine tea infused

Yum yum yum

Sounds like I should make a pitcher lol, anways good luck and keep us posted on your adventure :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Nettle is a widely used organic fertilizer. French especially treasure their nettle brew. It is also a compost activator and general health tonic for plants.
There are some information around the farm too. You can grow a plant with stinging nettle brew, people have been doing it for a long time.
You will need to supplement some P and K thru flowering tho. Bat guano and molasses can do the job or while you’re at it just make a banana peel fpe. Loaded with K.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

go to you tube,look for chris thrump he goes into full details of making all your own KNF feeds,the only thing i make when needed is the LAB,its easy and quick,fermenting takes a little time,but end results last for years and season as time goes bye,only thing that cost me real cash was the vodka for the OHN hahahhah i got so much shit setting on shelf,mama stays on me to quit feeling the rakes with plant food and leave room for the canning lmao,fermenting is as addictive as making your own seeds lol,hell im even making my own veggie seeds hahahah addictive,lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I love making stinging nettle tea,mint with black , jasmine tea infused

Yum yum yum

Sounds like I should make a pitcher lol, anways good luck and keep us posted on your adventure :)
mama is hounding me to grow more wild lettuce,she makes tea from it ,oh my dont smoke that shit,i was the test dummy on that one,grew it out to seed,took leaves and dried as i do my weed,took a bowl of it and lite it off,damn all mighty,i cough so hard went to farting,damn crying from laughing at the wife laugh at me,needless to say it went right to compost,lol,the roots are were the pain reliver is at,got to be careful with it though ,you can over dose the lovely lettuce the good ole gov cant fuck wit,they cant figure it out,experience from a test dummy,start out slow and low,do it by mils instead of tablespoons hahahahh

Top Bottom