Stone's going "Organic soil?"

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

Ok!
I'm trying to come up with an organic soil mix, that i can get locally, where I am at, there are no Hydroponic store's... Hell it's getting harder to find a garden shop, Wal-Mart and Lowe's have pretty much wiped out any small local private owned garden shops.... greedy bastards... :character0110:..;.
I'm still gonna stay with my coco indoors, since thats what I started indoors with, but.... I cant afford the S & H on a bag af Canna Coco and other heavy growing mediums .. costs $25.00 just for S&H for a bag-o coco. So I think I'll keep the Coco indoors for now and experiment on some... Very... homemade organic mixes.....
What I'm starting out with now is a mix of

1, Homemade compost
2, Horse compost (next door neighbors hoses clean-up, lots of semi-composted poop and straw)
3, Perlite

I probably need some other stuff in it an that's why I'm starting this thread.....

So! What I'm wanting is a mix that I can make from materials locally,... locally is the midwest...just reg. everyday U.S. shoping spots... Lowe's, Wal-Mark, Home Depot and regular garden shops you would expect to find in the middle of almost nowhere....

For sure the most important thing is "Homemade Compost"... I guess....

Any help would be great... tell us your favorite local organic mix.... please....

F

FastForward

Search for Subcool's mix....that's the way I'd go if I were going mud.....a few people here use it so it's in a few different threads (try TGA and Cali Connection's helpdesks I think...also TK uses it I think)

S

stone69

Mud?... Makes "organic soil" sound so... dirty...
Thanks FF... I'll check those out for sure....

S

stone69

The mix Subcool uses has "Roots Organic", which I'll probably have to find and use, but can you get it at reg. local garden shops? I cant ever remember seeing it anywhere...

S

southernstoner

just go to lowes if you have one...MG organic potting soil if thats the best locally...pearlite...mushroom compost(fresh yard compost if ya got it) and worm castings...castings are important but you can grow without them...mix at equal parts for a basic mix available anywhere...even wallyworld...SS

I

I N Hail

Blazeoneup's mix

The soil mix consist of 1 bag of mriacle grow organic + 1 bag of pro mix + 1 cup blood meal + 1 cup bone meal + 1/2 cup dolimite lime + 10-20% added chunky perlite. Im running 3 gallon bags btw this mix will fill 10 3 gallon bags and just water

INH

S

stone69

Thanks Stoner and I N Hail.... I was looking at the MG Organic but dont know much about it, sounds like it may be worth trying....

S

stone69

Ok! guy's that sounds like a good start...
What about.....

1, soil ph
2, water ph
3, nutrients

S

southernstoner

i try for 6.5 ph on soil and water...you can bubble some teas if you want...should be a ton of those on here...SS

S

stone69

So you ph the soil and water? What do you use to adjust ph with?

I

I N Hail

I don't test PH anymore( some won't like that)LOL,,,I let the Dlime take care of it.
Back when i tested my PH was always 6.5 or so.
If you this mix add about 15%(of you mix) of your compost and water
with dechlorinated water and you'll be good.

ps its best to check your ph with the run off water.

S

stone69

If you this mix add about 15%(of you mix) of your compost and water
with dechlorinated water and you'll be good.

Thanks I N Hail... I'm not sure I know what you mean....

This is really something I want to get down, so any help is greatly appreciated....

S

StonedOwl

It's my understanding that if you use rain water, you wont need to worry about PH. Nature knows what its doing. :)

I don't know much about the soil PH, or nutes.

I

I N Hail

LOL after reading it i didn't :icon_dizzy:

Here i'll try again.

If you use the mix i listed ,You would want 15%/20% of it to be your compost.

10gal of mix
2gal of compost.

Total 12gal

S

stone69

lolol.. Yeah, finger's get all jumbled up on these Damn keyboards....
Where do you get the Pro-mix?

S

stone69

Sounds good I N Hail, I'll try that mix....
Have you used this mix long?
Good results?
Picture's?

I

I N Hail

Yes, But i add some P/K for a boost in flower 2nd week/4th week

Top Bottom