Stone's going "Organic soil?"

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Sorry about the delay bud. Been busy here. Home depot use to sell pro-mix in the bale. Nothing smaller, but it was less than 20$, they also sell granular fertilizer you mix with your soil MADE BY EPSOMA, Organic,small 2lb. - 5lb. bags.There are 3-4 different types, very good stuff..I used the Tomato formula for flower and the one with myco. mixed in it for veg.. Walmart sells worm castings,and i think dolomite lime.

3 parts Promix
1 part worm castings
1 part perlite
For every gallon of finished soil mix I add 2 tablespoons of DOLOMITE LIME<<< very important.
I cant recall how much Epsoma product I mixed in yet.(check the bag and use less)

Water down real good and try to let it sit for a week or 2 stirring every few days.

-RB-

S

stone69

NO problem Root! I've been waiting patiently... :indifferent0023: I was waiting for you though, I could not proceed without good frog advise...lolol:giggle
since I heard of "Pro Mix" I've been flinging an eyeball around and seen some for lawns at the corner hardware store. I that it?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
What does the bag look like? Does it say PRO-MIX acrasss the top? What color is the bag?? -RB-

S

stone69

pro-mix

Lawn something another....
no big deal.. I'll probably buy it at HD... just wondering if that was it...

I

in the air

at lowe's ,ace hardware and some kmart the have premier peat moss. it says its pro mix on the back of the bag.

then regular ole pro mix

then use this recipe

1 bale 3.8 cu ft of Sphagnum Peat Moss above links.
8 cups of bone meal
4 cups of blood meal
1-1/3 cups Epsom salt
3-4 cups dolomite lime
1 tbs trace element or azomite
4 cups kelp meal
25 pounds of worm castings.
water mix and let stand for atleast 2 weeks
You will not need to feed the plants at all just add water and may be molasses if you want.

S

stone69

HMMMmmmm.... Stone like click-on picture's...lol
Thanks ita...That sound like a good mix to put out somewhere where you cant keep a good eye on 'em....
I've got a bag of that same peat moss... thanks bro I'm up for different idea's and mixes, because I'll probably try a few until I learn enough and adjust to fit my needs....
Happy growing...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
PBP soil formula, or flower formula. The Epsoma fertilizer is in granular form. I use it on all my outdoor flowers and tomatoes. I just topdress once a month on them and they love it. They have a bunch of bone meal,blood meal and lots of other goodies in them. I have not tried topdressing with it on MJ. But I have read good results with it. I do use it when I make a batch of soil up. RB

S

stone69

Update!

OK!..... I found FoxFarm at a local....yes I said local... brand spanking new, not another in 300 mile's...hydro shop.... talk about HAPPY DAY :banana:....very,very cool...
so I bought a bag of the FFOF....
do I need to add anything to it? it says "ready to use"... and organic...what do you guy's do with it?
I'm not locked in on this though, she said she would order me anything I needed.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Hey Stone, I would not use FFOF straight. It tends to get kinda heavy and muddy later in the grow. My standard mix is something like equal parts FFOF, coco, and perlite. Some variation of that should work. I vary the quantities depending on what is on hand and they have all worked well but I would probably keep the FFOF under 75% total volume.

S

stone69

Thanks Whippleschnitz...lol... sorry that name just makes me laugh...lol, kinda fun to say Whippleschnitz....lol... not fun to type....lol...
Yeah after reading on it, i find that everybody has their own recipe... but they pretty much are just diluting the ffof with 2 or 3 other ingredient's... what ever they may be, and seem to get good results with not so much nute's, good for strapped rednecks like me.
Seems a lot like mixing it with coco... so that may be the way i go....
Thanks W......

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Congrats on the local shop!!!!! Must be nice. I ran ffof soil for a while. I always mixed it at 2 parts ffof and 1 part perlite. I ALWAYS added 2 tablespoons of Dolomite lime per gallon of mixture. Ph'd my nutes at 6.5 . -ROOT-

S

stone69

Thanks Root... good seeing Ya here bro!... I was wondering how much Dolomite lime to put in. Sure sounds like a magical soil from everybody in the FoxFarm threads, we'll see how it does for me. I like the idea of not having to feed as much and not having to ph, and most of it IS organic.

Top Bottom