Stop water 24 hours b4 Harvest?

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I am few days away from harvest now... Was just thinking that I will stop pump on ebb and flow 24 hours before harvest- but now I am stoned and thinking that is a dumb idea. Any opinions?

Thanks,

JB

H

HI-GRAD3

Hey there JayBee. Although i have just started growing and have yet to experience a harvest, i have done alot of research on harvesting and the whole drying process. Many people, including a friend of mine always stops watering the plant for 24 hours sometimes even upto 48! If during the growing cycle, water and nutrients were consistent, there should be enough water in the soil and leaves to feed your buds for another 24 hours. Sometimes the larger leaves start to dry out but remember they are being cut off the next day.

Personally when my plant is ready to harvest, i will be doing this to give a cheeky 'headstart'!

I hope this helps :)

F

FastForward

I don't ebb and flow, but I 'starve' my plants for a day or two (sometimes 3 depending on heat) before the chop. Makes drying out faster and better ime. Also give 2 of those days in complete darkness if you can - definitely helps with taste.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Alright, 24 hours no water, 48 hours no light... got it. I think saturday is going to be the day. Will put up some pics after then.

JB

O

Oaksterman

A friend told me the goal, for him, is to time watering so he harvest just before the plants go into drought stress.

I used to run hydro and would go with an extra day of dark and for sure cut feedings/watering before they hit that long dark stretch.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I definately cut the water early as to help burn off everything in the plant.

Greyskull

Greyskull

cut the water off for at elast 2 days.
you'll really be forcing the plant to use up ALL of its energy stores & also giving you a head start on the drying process (they will dry faster than plants recently fed).

i've done the 24-48hr dark period in the past, and personally I cannot tell a difference between dark period and no dark period... which is good because the lights never go off for more than 12 hrs in my flower room.

good luck

B

boxmunch9

def cut water, makes the resin pop and throwing away your medium 100% easier. a 100 rockwool cubes wet weights about 150lbs, dry they weigh about 10lbs

O

Oaksterman

Go ahead and let it wilt before you perk it up a bit.
I basically hear you on everything and kind of what I said but personally would never let a plant wilt close to the harvest window as there's no need to if you're paying attention to achieve what we're talking about.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
very interesting stuff. will deff be doing things little bit different in the next grow. 20 hours till the big cut...

JB

Top Bottom