stopped drinking/overfed need help

• Thread starter red I
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

red I

have a cheese deep in veg she was drinking 700ppm feed with no problems, i had 2 go away for a few days and when i came back was gutted to see plant stunted no growth and most the leaves have shrunk and gone dry the feed was reading near 1000ppm so i changed it and put just water in for a day or so then i put it back on lower feed. the problem is i dont know weather to leave the dry leaves on or cut them off to allow new growth to come through? any ideas or info for this kind of problem will be appricitaed very much!.. thanks

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I don't like to cut a sick plant. If the leaves die then the circulating air should remove them. Baby the weak and infirmed, and don't bleed the patient.

What is your relative humidity?

O

organicfreak

ph needs to be adjusted,or insects,or dirty coco lol to many variables with such little info to go on...
humidty/temp, nutes, light, medium system or type of container etc... would ALL BE HELPFULL...

O

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would remove any leaves that aren't coming back. If they're completely dried out, they're not coming back. Doing so gives me a better view, is less taxing on the plant and removes possible sites for infection to set in. Just my opinion and practice of course.

I agree with what you did, giving just water to start, but you may need to treat it a bit like a dehydrated person and give a "gentle" feeding. Seaweed mixed at low application rates, or a worm casting tea would be the direction I would take.

R

red I

I would remove any leaves that aren't coming back. If they're completely dried out, they're not coming back. Doing so gives me a better view, is less taxing on the plant and removes possible sites for infection to set in. Just my opinion and practice of course.

I agree with what you did, giving just water to start, but you may need to treat it a bit like a dehydrated person and give a "gentle" feeding. Seaweed mixed at low application rates, or a worm casting tea would be the direction I would take.
yes seamaiden i hear what your saying about the leaves. the ones on the side/bottom collas dont look as bad stil dark green but the ones near the top are worse very dry and light green with a rubbery feeling and they dont seem to be getting any better so i think it makes sense to take them off, any idea how long it takes 4 plant to recover from this? i was planning 2 flip it this week but im thinking it might be better 2 wait till it recovers abit before flower?

R

red I

ph needs to be adjusted,or insects,or dirty coco lol to many variables with such little info to go on...
humidty/temp, nutes, light, medium system or type of container etc... would ALL BE HELPFULL...

O
ph is ok medium temp and humidty likewise. im using clay pebs no probs down there. its a pot sittin above res (dnt know what the scientific term is lol) under a 600

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Red, it's really hard to tell you anything for sure without even seeing any photos of the plants in question. Also, saying that temps and RH are "ok" doesn't help us help you, knowing the actual parameters is what's helpful.

A

Axias

when they stop drinking its generally too high heat, too low humidity scenario. Stomata close; no more growth, and plants may die back.

Get your room conditions optimized, Consider a light foliar feed for quick recover.
the ole b1-b2 + acetaminophen solutions work wonders, or a super light kelp foliar will help get that plant taking the nutes up again.

Change res. and feed at 60-80% of what you were feeding at.

..lotta guesswork, but that handles a lot of the potential probs'.

R

red I

pics

see by the leaves have stopped growing and the ones near top are worse look a light green and very dry shriveled. im not sure if this is the result of being overfed or if its a different type of difficencey.the p.h is 5.7 and its back on a low feed of 400ppm im far from a pro in this game so if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions would be appriciated, thnx

S5001394
S5001393
S5001392
S5001387
S5001390
S5001389
O

organicfreak

Dud this is SOOOOO EASY.... they are big fucking plants and need to eat.... like 1200ppms...
700ppms is for 1' tall plants like rooted clone 500 teens 700-1000 adults 1000-1600...

I feed 1600 but use carbolaod and other additives but my a+b goes in @ 1250ish

sativas handle less indicas eat like pigs

best way to help you see if there eating is test runoff or if in hydro see what happens to the ppms in the resivor if they dropped there eating if stays same there happy..
BUT IF YOUR NOT KEEPING WATER LEVEL EVEN/constant like with a float... You'll lose water thru evaporation air conditioner/dehumidifier and of corse your ppms will go up as water is evaporated by the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^....

o

O

organicfreak

You have to remeber most people veg for 1-4 weeks then flower so there never seeing full adult plant in veg... THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR US...

o

G

greenbastards

Hey red. You gotta watch those ppm's, you might be having some nutrient lockout from overfeeding. Flush, and just feed water. And when u introduce a food again, start light.

Also if your having variations with your temperature, check out this link. I found it helpful, when my room got to 85 and i couldn't bring it down, they just kept drinking lots of water and i stayed light on the nutes....

R

red I

Dud this is SOOOOO EASY.... they are big fucking plants and need to eat.... like 1200ppms...
700ppms is for 1' tall plants like rooted clone 500 teens 700-1000 adults 1000-1600...

I feed 1600 but use carbolaod and other additives but my a+b goes in @ 1250ish

sativas handle less indicas eat like pigs

best way to help you see if there eating is test runoff or if in hydro see what happens to the ppms in the resivor if they dropped there eating if stays same there happy..
BUT IF YOUR NOT KEEPING WATER LEVEL EVEN/constant like with a float... You'll lose water thru evaporation air conditioner/dehumidifier and of corse your ppms will go up as water is evaporated by the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^....

o
yes green i know they supposed 2 be on high feed but this one wasnt taking up a high feed that why i had no choice but to lower it. i bought it down proppa low and built it up to 700 ppm and thats where it seemed 2 stabilise. didnt want 2 over do it aswel so i left it there as i was gone couple days, i came back to a nightmare ppms through the roof n she was lookin ruff as fcuk!! and ur right this strain is known for piggin out on high feed, i dont understand why she stopped drinking all a sudden and baffled why it never took to the high feed originally.. maaybee a bad cuttin

R

red I

yes i think its defo on lockout, i did flush it for few days but maybee i should of flushed it for longer because it stil dont seem to be pickin up

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

They look like the roots aren't getting enough oxygen. The droopiness and tightly-spaced node length is usually a sure sign that the rhizome is deprived of air. If this is a hydro system, are you aerating your water properly? It could be related your your uneven water table also. If this is the case, then flushing with the same water, or flushing at all, could only be exacerbating things.

R

red I

yes dr i have 2 big airstones sittin in the res.. should that be enough? and yes it is a bubbler (dwc) system. by uneven water table do u mean that i should be keeping the res at the same level at all times?.. i change the res every 5 days and put 40 litres in by the time its due for a change theres about 20 litres, should i not be letting it get so low?

Top Bottom