Stopping Fox Farm to use Aptus

• Thread starter IrishRob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IrishRob

IrishRob

I'm using fox farm now I'm in the second week of veg, but my friend said he has some Aptus nutrients he's gonna give me. How would I go about the switch?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Simply stop applying one and then then next feed, start with the new. It would be wise to compare the NPK and micronutrient ratios to see where there may be any shortcomings. Typically, when a feed is working well for people, I ask, why switch?

IrishRob

IrishRob

Simply stop applying one and then then next feed, start with the new. It would be wise to compare the NPK and micronutrient ratios to see where there may be any shortcomings. Typically, when a feed is working well for people, I ask, why switch?
Well its my first grow and I'm just trying to get different ideas

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Well its my first grow and I'm just trying to get different ideas
@amekins is spot on. You aren't going to be able to judge the effects of a product with such limited use. One idea, if you take clones for your next grow, you will have two identical plants. You can feed one with the Fox Farm and the other with the new brand, an "A & B" test. I understand wanting to try new things, especially when the options are so wide, but you have to stick with a program for at least a full run before you can begin to get an idea of its efficacy. Conditions will vary from grow to grow so, I usually like to try something for at least 3 runs before making my opinion, unless something is obviously damaging the plants.

IrishRob

IrishRob

@amekins is spot on. You aren't going to be able to judge the effects of a product with such limited use. One idea, if you take clones for your next grow, you will have two identical plants. You can feed one with the Fox Farm and the other with the new brand, an "A & B" test. I understand wanting to try new things, especially when the options are so wide, but you have to stick with a program for at least a full run before you can begin to get an idea of its efficacy. Conditions will vary from grow to grow so, I usually like to try something for at least 3 runs before making my opinion, unless something is obviously damaging the plants.
Thank you for your feedback I am gonna listen to your advice, and continue with the fox farm, I'll use the other later

amekins

amekins

Thank you for your feedback I am gonna listen to your advice, and continue with the fox farm, I'll use the other later
I am only on my second grow and committed to using up the small quantities of whatever product system I have used before moving on to another unless it’s causing harm. I’m just finishing up my FF trio with this second grow, but I’ll still have some left of Tiger Bloom.

IrishRob

IrishRob

I am only on my second grow and committed to using up the small quantities of whatever product system I have used before moving on to another unless it’s causing harm. I’m just finishing up my FF trio with this second grow, but I’ll still have some left of Tiger Bloom.
How are they coming

amekins

amekins

How are they coming
Both plants of my first harvest were outdoor balcony grows. They did fine. I contended with bud worms, spider mites and bud rot but both plants harvested yielded a little over 4 oz total of smokeable bud. I fucked up lots on that first plant and hopefully learned enough to improve yields for my second (first indoor) grow. Different soil this grow, feminized seeds, very little nutrients fed up to this point and doing well.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

Im just about to finish my first grow and I chose Fox Farms Trio for soil. I learned quickly this line is very potent, especially the veg nutrient Grow Big.
We got our grow dialed in using:
Grow Big at 1/4 strength for veg
Big Bloom at full strength as a supplement throughout the whole grow
Tiger Bloom at 1/2 strength for flower
Try it however you like but please be careful with the Grow Big, we had to learn the hard way =(

Here is a pic of mine, it has a few weeks to go.
20201118 160813

IrishRob

IrishRob

Im just about to finish my first grow and I chose Fox Farms Trio for soil. I learned quickly this line is very potent, especially the veg nutrient Grow Big.
We got our grow dialed in using:
Grow Big at 1/4 strength for veg
Big Bloom at full strength as a supplement throughout the whole grow
Tiger Bloom at 1/2 strength for flower
Try it however you like but please be careful with the Grow Big, we had to learn the hard way =(

Here is a pic of mine, it has a few weeks to go.
View attachment 1058350
Beautiful, job I am going to take this advice, I have been feeding light on the big grow, anyway. Is that all you used was the trio?

Top Bottom