Storage of premixed Neem oil

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

I just bought a bottle of neem oil. I have been using azamax which has provided good control but I’m thinking I should mix it up after using azamax every 7-10 days for past six months. Can one reuse what’s left in the spray bottle, without worrying about degradation of the neem oil, for following applications?

fishbuds

fishbuds

Make it to use each time. I see gross things when I leave neem in bottle.

mancorn

mancorn

In my experience the neem will separate out of the water if left and leave a waxy substance that won’t emulsify. I always use warm water and silica as the emulsifier, but notice if the water is cold, the neem won’t mix up and once you get the waxy white goop, you’re screwed.

Mugwort

Mugwort

In my experience the neem will separate out of the water if left and leave a waxy substance that won’t emulsify. I always use warm water and silica as the emulsifier, but notice if the water is cold, the neem won’t mix up and once you get the waxy white goop, you’re screwed.
Thx mancorn, can’t be having that. Too many other ways for me to screw myself!

Mugwort

Mugwort

Make it to use each time. I see gross things when I leave neem in bottle.

Fish...should I worry about residue buildup on leaves? Should one must their plants with distilled or r/o water later?

fishbuds

fishbuds

I use organic dish soap as my emulsifier, and want it to stay on my leaves, top and bottom for a day or two. Then I run a shower hose over them to wash off the neem other stuff the wind blows in.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thx fishbud...did your handle come from growing a batch of buds that smelled like 🐟 or maybe you’re fond of fish emulsion fertilizer?

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

If you are going to use Neem (I do) it has to be totally emulsified. I use insecticidal soap Safer's. I know I have heard that the ph is too high for the neem to be effective, however I have had good luck with it. The key is to emulsify it properly, and for this there is nothing better than a hand held wand style blender. Slowly drizzle in the neem, a couple of teaspoons/gallon to what ever carrier agent you are using while using the blending wand. I apply it in the morning during early to mid veg stage (outdoor) an hour or so before the sun hits my plants. I do the same with a citrus spray that I use later on in the season.

Mugwort

Mugwort

If you are going to use Neem (I do) it has to be totally emulsified. I use insecticidal soap Safer's. I know I have heard that the ph is too high for the neem to be effective, however I have had good luck with it. The key is to emulsify it properly, and for this there is nothing better than a hand held wand style blender. Slowly drizzle in the neem, a couple of teaspoons/gallon to what ever carrier agent you are using while using the blending wand. I apply it in the morning during early to mid veg stage (outdoor) an hour or so before the sun hits my plants. I do the same with a citrus spray that I use later on in the season.
Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom