Storing shake & sugar leaf trim

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

I have been saving all my sugar leave trimmings and shake for making cannibutter. I have keeping it in a large plastic container with an air tight lid. My LĒVO 2 will be here Thursday and I plan on making use of it and the trim. My question and I haven’t seen it discussed is do you keep Boveda pacs in with the trim or just let it get as dry as it gets?

Jakecan

Jakecan

I have been saving all my sugar leave trimmings and shake for making cannibutter. I have keeping it in a large plastic container with an air tight lid. My LĒVO 2 will be here Thursday and I plan on making use of it and the trim. My question and I haven’t seen it discussed is do you keep Boveda pacs in with the trim or just let it get as dry as it gets?
I personally just let it get dry if you're just using it for canna butter. Not worth paying the dollar or however much it costs for a Boveda pack 😂

freezeland2

freezeland2

I personally just let it get dry if you're just using it for canna butter. Not worth paying the dollar or however much it costs for a Boveda pack 😂
I have a package of 62 bovedas I have never used. I don’t cure in jars so no need for them since using grove bags. I think it might be a good idea to throw a pac or two in with all that trim. Was just curious how others are storing their trim & shake.

Jakecan

Jakecan

I have a package of 62 bovedas I have never used. I don’t cure in jars so no need for them since using grove bags. I think it might be a good idea to throw a pac or two in with all that trim. Was just curious how others are storing their trim & shake.
Yea I mean it won't hurt it! Forsure just store my shake in ziplock bags. The good stuff get mason jars. In the end though, it's all good stuff...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Agreed, drying fans is the best way, collection for processing into extract, get it dry, and keep it cool, then protected against any future moisture.

If you got something that's questionable, and you don't want to toss it, dry/keep it separate, don't mix any bad (remotely moldy) stuff into your dry bin.

This is in another vein, but still applies: If you've got a big huge cola with some bud rot, I generally cut off, discard anything remotely rotten, then I take the entire cola, and keep it separated from anything else, to ensure not a single spore is transferred into my fresh clean flowers.

The real key here is segregating the good, the bad, and the ugly. As you continue to grow, lots of things end up in that fan leaf bin. I try and set a standard of sorts.. When your dealing with outside, some things are obviously unavoidable, so using good "clean technique" becomes even more critical.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom