Storm came through and destroyed 70% of my crop :(

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

The upside is that we were less than 2 weeks from harvest, so early harvest. There is still a bit left standing so we’re going to Hyres that along best we can for another week or 2. Still got ample yield from the fallen, here’s to hoping the remainders can hold out!

Storm came through and destroyed 70 of my crop
Storm came through and destroyed 70 of my crop 2
Storm came through and destroyed 70 of my crop 3
Storm came through and destroyed 70 of my crop 4

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

The upside is that we were less than 2 weeks from harvest, so early harvest. There is still a bit left standing so we’re going to Hyres that along best we can for another week or 2. Still got ample yield from the fallen, here’s to hoping the remainders can hold out!

View attachment 1038193View attachment 1038194View attachment 1038195View attachment 1038196
View attachment 1038197
So something I learned and have really applied this yr is to buy trellis netting and use several layers of it to support your plant.

The first layer I actually scrog (lst) so i get more branches and main colas ..then i add another layer for support. After the stretch i add one last layer.

We get wicked storms here all the time and no one branch was lost this yr. What a game changer!

You can see in this pic the 3 layers pretty easy... just an idea for you

Screenshot 20201003 074302 Gallery
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

That would have solved everything! Thanks for the idea, we were talking about how we were going to solve this for next year, think this is it.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

That would have solved everything! Thanks for the idea, we were talking about how we were going to solve this for next year, think this is it.
Yeah it works brilliantly but still gives the buds enough room to sway in the wind to help keep the moisture out. I'm almost kicking myself for not doing this before..

And you are more then welcome. And p.s. it even kept this one from breaking (which is coming down today) but that should tell you everything because I thought for sure during our last storm that I would lose branches

20201002 145304
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

That’s a big girl! I thought mine were big. They were all around 9 feet tall. Hoping doing the scrog at the beginning might help get mine that big.

Madbud

Madbud

Yeah it works brilliantly but still gives the buds enough room to sway in the wind to help keep the moisture out. I'm almost kicking myself for not doing this before..

And you are more then welcome. And p.s. it even kept this one from breaking (which is coming down today) but that should tell you everything because I thought for sure during our last storm that I would lose branches
Take some scissors to cut the net away.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

That’s a big girl! I thought mine were big. They were all around 9 feet tall. Hoping doing the scrog at the beginning might help get mine that big.
It's in about 100 gallons of manure. Scrogged then fimmed once on this one. Let her go after that

Top Bottom