Strain Choice for 12/12 From Seed?

• Thread starter jawnroot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jawnroot

jawnroot

I'll have to apologize at the outset for clogging the forums...it seems I've been posting a question a day for the past few days.

That aside, I've done a lot of research on 12/12 from seed, and I think it's the perfect way for me to grow, given the constraints I'm working with (height, stealth, etc). People have used this method successfully to grow a number of strains. I will admit that it has its drawbacks, mainly overall yeild...but realistically I'm growing stealth style, and would not expect, nor hope for, half lb plants -- or anything remotely close to that.

I would, however, like to net an ounce per if possible (and have seen it done with this method). I've quite a bit of experience growing full size plants, so I suppose in this case it comes down to genetics and the limitations of 12/12 from seed (rather than my ability as a grower).

My general requirements for a 12/12 strain are as follows: as large a yeild as possible, while maintaining the shortest height possible. Prefer a single cola to branched. Good quality buzz/good quality buds.

I've done an exhaustive survey of the OG strainguide (or what's left of it). These are the strains I've narrowed it down to, but am certainly open to any feedback/other suggestions.

* Nirvana Aurora Indica -- This strain got overall positive feedback, and one guy actually grew it 12/12 from seed and netted .5 oz each, from half gallon pots no less. I think this one is a definite contender.

* Nirvana Northern Lights Pure Indica -- I saw this one grown by the biggest proponent of 12/12 from seed over at ICmag, Hal. He netted from between 1 and 1.5 oz per plant under approximately 250 watts of CFLs that he bought at a grocery store (I'll be using 250 watts HPS). Definite contender.

* Serious Seeds Chronic -- I like Chronic because I know it will have the Serious quality, AND it has growing properties that would be about perfect for my setup (ie: single cola growth when kept small, big yield, big potency, etc etc). As opposed to the Nirvana genetics, it has some skunk and AK-47 in the mix to liven things up...Chronic = (Northern Lights x Skunk) x (Northern Lights x AK-47).

I assembled the above strain list randomly, while perusing the fragments of the OG strain guide. They all have one interesting characteristic: their genetic makeup is composed primarily (or entirely) of Northern Lights. So it seems that a good strain for 12/12 from seed would have some NL component. Pure conjecture on my part, but the evidence points in that direction.

Well, any feedback you can provide on this would be highly appreciated. All the better if you've done your own 12/12 from seed grow.

P

ProGroWannabe

I've ran a couple of strains under 12/12 from seed, but unfortunately, none of those that you mentioned. I would probably run the NL if it were me. Granted, it's not me, but that would be my choice. You might look into making a "bed" in the bottom of the stealth container to give more root space to each plant as opposed to using individual pots...? It should help your yield just a touch. Since you've had a good deal of growing experience, I doubt you'd have any trouble going this route, but it's all up to you. I'm just throwing a couple of ideas at ya.

jawnroot

jawnroot

I was strongly leaning toward the NL. Does anyone know if there's an appreciable difference between the various iterations of NL offered? For example, I know off the top of my head three companies that offer it: Nirvana, Ministry of Cannabis, and Sensi. Nirvana is the lowest price (as it normally is), with MoC coming in at a little bit more. Sensi is way up there, about 3-5 times the price of the former two.

I don't mind paying more if there is a defined increase in quality, but by the same token I don't like throwing my money away.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I grew Reeferman's NL which is NL#1 x NL#5 and this is some crazy ass strong herb , The downside is that it had to many phenos but still great herb:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom