Strain Recommendations for Newcomer

• Thread starter spin doc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spin doc

Been farming for 5+ years. Backwoods / outdoor / old-school grower. Have some acreage in the heartland that is heavily forested that contain a labrynith of trails that leads to multiple gardens of weeden.

So far, been using 'franchise' off the shelf seeds . Looking for more of a 'micro-brewery' experience which is what led me to this site.... that is meant as a compliment to all you breeders.

My personal preference and most of my experience has been with Sativa dominant strains. Never been exposed to any quality 'couch lock' indicas... but am game for about anything.

Anyone care to recommend a Sativa dominant MM quality strain suitable for an outdoor grow at 40* Latitude? While the selection on Thcbay intrigues me, I am not thoroughly versed in all the strains and/or the cross breeding process - so any and all help would be appreciated.

T

themist

My favorite sativa for outdoor is kali mist (serious seeds). It finishes for me by the first week of november for me, and I'm 10* lat north of you. Some years it's done by the last week of october. Here's this years, only one female. Shoulda germed more seeds, but it's too late now.

Kalimist
S

spin doc

Thanks. Kali is one of my favorites and regular garden staples. My pride & joy plot this year has 10 Kali ladies. My appraoch to gardening entails multiple gardens in seperate locations, but this one is definitely my favorite this year.

For me, this site is kind of like going to a 5 star restaraunt ... everything on the menu sounds good but I really don't know what it is and am afraid I will end up eating some amphibian's organs if I don't ask the waiter before ordering.

Sativas are what I am most accustomed to, but I am looking to try some of these unique sounding cross-breeds. Gonna have to do a little reading, because I know nothing about breeding.

Thanks again

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
The strain Pope Dope started flowering nearly a month before all the other 10 or so strains I have going this year outdoors. At 7 feet tall they are incredibly bushy and dense. The buds at 5 weeks flowering are frikken huge and smell wonderful. They look like they'll be ready for harvest in the first or second week of september at 45 degrees lat. I'm definately gonna have more of these ready next year. Had I known, I would have saved one of the males and bulked them.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Kali outside. Damn, some of you have it good!
Curse my short grow season!

S

spin doc

I am also interested in a source & strain review for Pope Dope.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I received them as freebies twice on seed orders here. I'm not sure, but I'm thinkin they are an Elite Genetics cross??? I can't help you anymore than that as far as sourcing them. perhaps Logic could tell you who sent them in. I have one pack of them left and definately will be bulking them up over the winter.

B

bigbag

i have 2 lines that would fit your bill;
-Texada Timewarp x Cambodian(IBL,F11)short,fast spicy sativa that packs a whollop and alot of resin
-BC Coastal Haze(IBL)acclimatized haze isnt stable,but is redicilously potent.
both done outdoor southern BC around sept

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
The first seeds I purchased after a few grows with bagseeds was from serious seeds when they were popular the White Russian Ak-47 bubblegum and kali mist I grew the whole line minus the chronic and got great results especially with the kali which I would say was most difficult due to the stretch and long flower but all in all those were some great begginer strains.

S

spin doc

Big Bag: Where do I find your seeds? Are they listed on Thcbay and if so, under which breeder?

Thanks

another_sellout

another_sellout

Doc-
Get yourself anything off of THSeeds website that has the green sun icon for colder outdoor climates. Trust your instincts for your climate. You know your little hole in the woods better than anyone. I'm trying to find something for my early freeze in Colorado. Maybe I'll have some luck next fall...

G

guanoman

i would recommend the blueberry, short thick indica. i live at the 45 parrallal and these are harvestable @ sept first week of oct. sticky, tasty, with a couch lock effect that you were askin about

Latest posts

Top Bottom