Strain recommendations for winter grow

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
As the title I’m looking for a good strain that I can grow outdoors this winter. I’m currently growing one mango haze and after that one is done I’d like to get a few more started.

I’m in a constant 12/12 area outside, so I will start my veg indoors for a month before transferring outside to flower. Attached is my weather for the year.

I was thinking autoflower, but I don’t get a full 18 hours of sun light and my area for growing doesn’t get the 100% of 12 day light I have. I’ve never done an autoflower before so I don’t know if my conditions are good enough to grow a quality plant.

I am leaning towards a Northern Lights strain, but I’m open for suggestions!!

Strain recommendations for winter grow
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you're in an area with 12/12 natural lighting and you're going to start indoors until the plants are the right size, forget autos. Just about any strain will work.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
If you're in an area with 12/12 natural lighting and you're going to start indoors until the plants are the right size, forget autos. Just about any strain will work.
Nice, good deal and thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting 1 autoflower to test, just not sure if 9-10 hours of daylight is enough to get a good size and yield, even if it is natural light. But now I think I’ll just stick to photo cycle

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Nice, good deal and thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting 1 autoflower to test, just not sure if 9-10 hours of daylight is enough to get a good size and yield, even if it is natural light. But now I think I’ll just stick to photo cycle
It takes at least 10 hrs of sunlight for adequate thc production

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My winter runs are my best, run indica or indica Dom hybrids, people use humidifiers but I don't just put a bowl of water in tent and let it evaporate under the lights, when there in flower I open window to expose to cold and they frost up nicely, this is summer so I ran haze witch does not mind heat to an extent, but indica likes it cool. Pic 1&2 winter run, Pic 3 summer run

20220206 144343
20210808 053843
20220814 100349
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
My winter runs are my best, run indica or indica Dom hybrids, people use humidifiers but I don't just put a bowl of water in tent and let it evaporate under the lights, when there in flower I open window to expose to cold and they frost up nicely, this is summer so I ran haze witch does not mind heat to an extent, but indica likes it cool. Pic 1&2 winter run, Pic 3 summer run
They are some pretty girls!! Bet they smoked beautifully. I’m in the mountain area, but even then the winter nights don’t get terribly cold and humidity is low. I’m looking forward for this mango haze

D25E006F 8BD2 479D A37E 84996A4F95D4
25EFF4EE 6BB3 4E28 B93B 67A0EA091308
Top Bottom