Strain Thoughts

• Thread starter Kleinstein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kleinstein

Kleinstein

So I got three types of seeds that were supposed to be OG Kush, Afghani, and Sour Diesel. It was from a smaller scale local dude. I know it’s impossible to be sure, but do you all think they look like respective strains. 1st 3 are Afghani
Strain thoughts
Strain thoughts 2
Strain thoughts 6
2nd 3 are OG Kush,
Strain thoughts 3
Strain thoughts 4
Strain thoughts 5
last 3 are sour diesel (Supposedly)
Strain thoughts 7
Strain thoughts 8
Strain thoughts 9

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Trying to identify strains by looking at a closeup of a bud is like trying to figure out the breed of a dog by looking at a toenail... there just isn't enough information. The plant's physical makeup will tell you a lot about their lineage, but the whole picture is needed. Drop a few more pics from further back, and it might be more likely that a decent guess could be made. With todays genetics being so scrambled and nearly zero "pure" strains any more, it is probably impossible to determine anything but a general idea of the parents, other than just Sativa VS Indica.

Kleinstein

Kleinstein

Trying to identify strains by looking at a closeup of a bud is like trying to figure out the breed of a dog by looking at a toenail... there just isn't enough information. The plant's physical makeup will tell you a lot about their lineage, but the whole picture is needed. Drop a few more pics from further back, and it might be more likely that a decent guess could be made. With todays genetics being so scrambled and nearly zero "pure" strains any more, it is probably impossible to determine anything but a general idea of the parents, other than just Sativa VS Indica.
Yeah. I figured as much. :( The leaves are definitely broader and the plants are much bushier on the Kush and afghani. The sour diesel has really thin leaves and is a slimmer plant with less branches and far more stretch (had to crop big time before flower. I’m not near the plants at the moment, but I’ll post some pics when I get home later. Thanks!! Maybe I should just trust the dude haha. He’s a pretty chill old hippie guy who’s been growing since the 70s. In the end, I guess it doesn’t matter what they are as they’re just for my personal stash and med oils. So if they make me feel better and do their jobs then I’m all good.

zzzybil

zzzybil

70's to now is near 50 yrs ....... why would this chill seasoned growing old hippie ''BS'' yuh ? curious watcha paid for them

Kleinstein

Kleinstein

70's to now is near 50 yrs ....... why would this chill seasoned growing old hippie ''BS'' yuh ? curious watcha paid for them

Didn’t pay. We actually worked out a trade for some of my high CBD Lifter and suver haze seeds from my CBD crop. It’s not that I think he’s lying intentionally, just wondering if they are what he thinks they are. All I know is they are looking and smelling fantastic already. :)

Top Bottom