Strains I have created over the years

• Thread starter CannabisMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisMan

CannabisMan

These strains I created over a decade of hit and miss with cross breeding and pollination, my first strain was Mendo Melow a cross of two plants from an old Mendo farmer friend of mine, he did not know the either the mother or the father plant. New strains under light now

JAWS

JAWS

hey MAN:)
so wheres the list of your made strains at??
humm;)

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I developed Betty White. It's a cross between a P1 White Widow mother and a P1 Sweet Tooth father. The ST was chosen on it's incredibly deep purple hue and exceptional flavor (of his sisters), while the WW was one that I worked on myself exclusively for over five years. It's about ninety percent sativa, so such a purple plant in a nearly pure sativa feels like a win for me. I tried my best to replicate that old-school Purple Haze look and flavor while keeping modern potency and visual appeal.

Bettywhite1

soserthc1

soserthc1

that betty white sounds killer dude, how did you get the widow down to ten% sativa ? curious if you wanna share.... How does she smoke ?

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

that betty white sounds killer dude, how did you get the widow down to ten% sativa ? curious if you wanna share.... How does she smoke ?

Well, the Sweet Tooth male that I selected was a predominately sativa phenotype, with the stereotypical long nodes, loose buds, and fruity terpene signature. He was of medium height, of stable parentage, had exceptional sisters, and a deep purple hue. Officially ST is about sixty percent indica and forty percent sativa, but selecting for sativa-heavy phenotypes can change that number drastically (though it's an illusory number in every regard anyway). White Widow is officially the same, at 60% ind. and 40% sat., but I worked with her for several years and always selected for sativa qualities in any back-cross that I undertook in that time. The WW easily has more sativa than indica from any that I've grown, but who am I to contradict the interweb? Crossing the two and selecting for giant sativas with their lovely scents and beautifully symmetrical form is the easy part after that. Nothing more fun than judging dozens or hundreds of different buds...

I just prefer the old Luther Burbank method of unnatural selection: plant as many seeds as possible, have a clear idea of what traits you'd like to advance, select the closest phenotype for that ideal, interbreed and experiment.

soserthc1

soserthc1

dr.det - funny i have grown out white widow myself twice and i really didn't think in was more indica dom myself, had grat smell, great bag appeal but def not the kick that my lemon skunk thats if i'm not mistaking is 60/40 ind dom also..... good stuff - i def agree ........peace bro

violent

violent

cool thread. do these strains produce seed true to type? or are they unstable?

fractal

fractal

This all sounds really good, we need the old schoolers to keep up the work on stuff they have grown for years. White Widow is some really good dank, I've grown and bred it a little and people loved it. But today WW is a hard sell to the OG/sour/chem/kush leaning community. Although I'm sure the widow / sweet tooth is killer and would change some minds. Never heard of that cross before. See people there are still plenty of undiscovered avenues to search for using rock solid purebred plants like widow and sweet tooth and all the other 80s and 90s amsterdam gear. Good luck on all your future work man!

Top Bottom