Strains That 'just Seem' To Grow Nanners.

• Thread starter CanadaSeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

We all know the strains out there that just seem to grow nanners. either sativas indica's or just those strains that do not tolerate stress. What i'm wondering is specifically for strains that grow nanners a lot... would pollinating a few branches early in flower stop the plant from growing nanners?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME, all Chem strains pop the nanners late in flower. I don't bother with it anymore, I only ever see a few and they've never pollinated. I don't know what other strains might be known for this. Not stress, they just seem to do it late in flower no matter what. I've even tried pollinating with good pollen to see if I could stop them from tossing the nanners, no go.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

interesting that the nanners didn't stop growing once the plant was pollinated. Strange i thought that would stop the plat from growing those. I know williams wonder shows nanners a lot and so does somas lavender. My Girl guide cookies had a few on the lower braches but then again that must be assuming the orginal gsc cut grows nanners as well.

D

Donald Mallard

I tried this when i was a pup,
there was so many intersexed plants back then ,
it didnt work , the plant was still producing male flowers even after pollination
so i searched and searched till i found some decent seed instead ...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
interesting that the nanners didn't stop growing once the plant was pollinated. Strange i thought that would stop the plat from growing those. I know williams wonder shows nanners a lot and so does somas lavender. My Girl guide cookies had a few on the lower braches but then again that must be assuming the orginal gsc cut grows nanners as well.
There ya go. It used to bother me, "I don't want to grow interzexed plants!" But I've gotta say that the Chem lines are among my favorite, move well, and damn it, they're tasty! Plus, the nanners they throw I just don't think cause much, if any loss in weight, which is our biggest concern, yeah? Most of the crosses I've run don't toss the nanners, so you can get a little Chem-y with it and probably not see them.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

There ya go. It used to bother me, "I don't want to grow interzexed plants!" But I've gotta say that the Chem lines are among my favorite, move well, and damn it, they're tasty! Plus, the nanners they throw I just don't think cause much, if any loss in weight, which is our biggest concern, yeah? Most of the crosses I've run don't toss the nanners, so you can get a little Chem-y with it and probably not see them.
Hmm, interesting. I kept getting nanners with a Chemdog D cross I was playing with, but 1 yielded so damn well I had to keep it around. Always pulled it around 4 weeks at the first sight of nanners. Wondering if I should run it to completion and see what happens? I put a few between my teeth and felt no grittiness, so maybe they were sterile this whole time?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm, interesting. I kept getting nanners with a Chemdog D cross I was playing with, but 1 yielded so damn well I had to keep it around. Always pulled it around 4 weeks at the first sight of nanners. Wondering if I should run it to completion and see what happens? I put a few between my teeth and felt no grittiness, so maybe they were sterile this whole time?
Yes! And remember that you can spritz with water if you're concerned about pollination. But like it seems you've discovered, those nanners are shootin' blanks.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Worst part of the whole nanner game for me, I'm allergic to smoking bud with nanners in them, even if I don't see them, I get hives or worse and go looking and will find I'm right, nanners ahoy. This mostly happened with purchased stuff. For by grows, I cull the plant and the mother at the first sign of nanners. I'm a firm believer that there are still some great stains out there to be found that will not throw out nanners from being stressed. And I will not use any of those which are prone to hermie in my breeding goals/practice either.

I love finding a great plant that doesn't hermie with stress, it really is what I would call, a true keeper.

tweedy

tweedy

Sorry I am late to reply but whenever I run across Trainwreck it always seems to herm on whoever grew it and I have heard Cherry Pie is notorious for doing it past the 60 day mark (63+ IIRC).

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Worst part of the whole nanner game for me, I'm allergic to smoking bud with nanners in them, even if I don't see them, I get hives or worse and go looking and will find I'm right, nanners ahoy. This mostly happened with purchased stuff. For by grows, I cull the plant and the mother at the first sign of nanners. I'm a firm believer that there are still some great stains out there to be found that will not throw out nanners from being stressed. And I will not use any of those which are prone to hermie in my breeding goals/practice either.

I love finding a great plant that doesn't hermie with stress, it really is what I would call, a true keeper.
Okay, so around these parts we have a cut called "213 OG" and it was the first cut I ran on a larger scale, before this I was just fkn around in the closet and catching a few outdo seasons here and there. The cut was a firm favorite at local clinics and till this day I still see "213 OG back!" on weedmaps and whatnot, so I think it is still pretty popular.

Anyways, I brutalized the living shit outta this cut, 105+ degree heat, forgetting to water, topping/supercropping during mid bloom, every dumbass, stress-causing mistake and she still gave me a # per light with no nanners (at the time this was a good yield for me). In fact I really believed for awhile she prefered stress because the hotter it got the faster and fatter she grew, she loved it.

However, she will pop a couple nanners if taken past 9 and a half weeks or so (she is usually ready around 8, but I always took her at 9). But I am certain this is a late-flower trait (rhodelization?) and not stress-induced.

Every Summer I turn the AC off and run 213 OG now.

Last edited:
hps4891

hps4891

I know this thread is old af but I got 3 CK seeds from barneys farm. Out of the 3 I have 2 of the taller pheno and 1 short pheno. Environment=👌 no stress at all. The short one threw sterile nanners around day 45 around the bottom. They even had trichs peekin out from the centers and sides of the actual nanners, I swear! It was so BIZARRE! No pollen and obv no pollination. Yield wasn't affected at all. I have 6 clones off each & im gonna watch em like a hawk when i flower em. I wanna see if the clones off the weirdo one does the same. Anybody had this experience? 😂

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

I found some strains are more prone to stress induced Hermies. Some I found are simply natural Hermies with bud at first then balls...A lot come from the process of bad breeding and selection in feminised beans or just simply not giving a shit when breeding.

Go for tried and trusted genetics...

Connoisseur genetics are stupid for Hermies...

Beadle

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I know this thread is old af but I got 3 CK seeds from barneys farm. Out of the 3 I have 2 of the taller pheno and 1 short pheno. Environment=👌 no stress at all. The short one threw sterile nanners around day 45 around the bottom. They even had trichs peekin out from the centers and sides of the actual nanners, I swear! It was so BIZARRE! No pollen and obv no pollination. Yield wasn't affected at all. I have 6 clones off each & im gonna watch em like a hawk when i flower em. I wanna see if the clones off the weirdo one does the same. Anybody had this experience? 😂

If no stress then genetics give clone same nanners as mom. Usually my old chem/diesel had sterile nanners at end but never full hermie unless stressed. Should be fine tho, unless it goes full hermie with no stress then it's not usually worth saving

Latest posts

Top Bottom